Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we are screwed

Why we are screwed

Just a few links to share with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU Can anyone imagine if kids did this with GW?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mp-hooker-duo/ Are you serious???

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...supremacy.html Wonderful, of course, it had nothing to do with any of the bailouts, right? right? (yes, I know GW had a bailout too, so don't even bother saying I'm only attacking the 'mighty one')

Special thanks to our federal government for not listening to us. What I am afraid of, is this: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090924/D9ATL1BO0.html

This is how every right you know and love will disappear, one crazy person driven even crazier because of this government.

Anyone see V for Vendetta?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Why we are screwed

Oh, and disclaimer:

*Perhaps we are not screwed, but until we as citizens of this country can actually join together and not follow our R's and our D's, we will forever be spiraling downward.

Sure, we all have our differences, but the only differences that would ever make me disagree with someone is someone who does not believe in the Constitution as it stands today. I feel that for a long time we've had presidents that erode one part or another of the constitution and we get caught up in political sides instead of focusing on the issue itself.

So I say this, stand by your values. If GW spending us to oblivion pissed you off, then there is no reason you shouldn't be pissed off at Obama, the same goes the other way. If you believe in free speech, then you should accept that those protesting this president have every right to do so, even if you disagree. If ANY single thing you've seen that Obama has done that you may agree with, ask how you would feel if George Bush did that, or any other republican. If you feel differently, then you need to do some serious, and I mean very serious thinking about where your values stand.

Values people, we must focus on VALUES. No more sacrificing your values because your 'guy' is in office. You hold each and every politician to the exact same level regardless of whether it's an R, D, or I behind their name.

I've kept quiet on politics recently because I just couldn't deal with anymore. The hypocrisy on both sides has grown to epic proportions, the media is a pile of dog sh... crap, and no one seems to want to discuss things anymore.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

And, if you disagree with me, I encourage you to explain your position(s). It'd be nice to start out with whether you feel the Constitution of the United States is valid, then depending on your answer, explain whether what Obama is doing is Constitutional or not and how it is different or the same as previous presidents.

Keep in mind that I'm looking for a civil debate, not that I expect things to go south here, but I don't want to hear name calling or things like that.

Navigator

i honestly, have been so out of the loop recently because i dont keep up with the current events that im not sure where my position is... but from the stuff i do see/hear/read from Obama, my tentative position is very similar to yours... This guy seems to be sending our country in a exponentially increasing in speed downward spiral... its gonna take a lot of work to fix what he has done...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    i honestly, have been so out of the loop recently because i dont keep up with the current events that im not sure where my position is... but from the stuff i do see/hear/read from Obama, my tentative position is very similar to yours... This guy seems to be sending our country in a exponentially increasing in speed downward spiral... its gonna take a lot of work to fix what he has done...
    http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Take that test to find out where you're at. Me, I'm just about as libertarian as you get.

Where does Obama lie? Statist, plain and simple. Same with GW. Both may have a bit of a left or right lean to them, but they are both statists.

Here's the definition:

Statists want government to have a great deal of power over the
    economy and individual behavior. They frequently doubt whether
    economic liberty and individual freedom are practical options in
    today's world. Statists tend to distrust the free market, support
    high taxes and centralized planning of the economy, oppose
    diverse lifestyles, and question the importance of civil liberties.

According to your quiz there David, I am 60/100 personal/economic, which also drops me in the libertarian group, but pretty far to the right also.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said here David. We have to, as citizens, support our values not out political party. Not "our guy" our VALUES! Each and every person who runs for office we should look at their voting record to see where they stand on issues that matter to us, not simply take a look at their party registry card.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I scored a 70/70, fully in the Libertarian ring but not too far from center... The questions are a little vague, but I feel my answers best suited my overall flavor.

US citizens aren't active enough in politics anymore. Period. We're more concerned about what Kanye West said at the VMAs than the legislation our Senators are passing in congress. There's just not enough accountability for our 'representatives', who are more interested in their paycheck and popularity than representing the interests of their constituents. Decades of voters who've constantly vote party lines so that they're supporting their "team" have perverted politics and the same mentality is perpetuating the problem today.

Hopefully one day, before the constitution is tattered by judicial activism and ridiculous government legislation, people will come to their senses.
    --- Gary

Navigator

i got 70/90.. conservative Libertarian id never seen it broken down the way it is there in the diagram... and didnt really know what Libertarian meant, but the description fits exactly the way i have placed myself since i started paying attention and voting...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

you gotta love the liberal media. even though we are still in two countries fighting the war on terrorism, liberal nutjobs are NOT protesting, NOT chanting with obama is a facist pig/nazi charactures, etc. as the guys at protestwarrior.com say "war is good only when a democrat is in charge!"

that first vid of the kids singing that obama ass kissing song is sickening. no doubt the handy work of the teacher. kids dont know any better, and thats why its a travesty. separation of church and state...but allow cult hero worship of the almighty cult hero obama? okaaaay. you know, it would be one thing if the song was about promoting america and doing good for her, but these twisted ass liberal teachers must indoctrinate these impressionable kids for the good of america!

cant say im surprised by my score... 30/100 full on conservative... anyways, we are all gonna die
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast