Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Why we are screwed

Re: Why we are screwed

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I just started reading the Declaration of Independence during my down time at work today. I was really blown away. It's amazing to see how much the ideology has changed since the creation of the Declaration of Independence. The parallels between the British Empire under King George and the direction our country's leadership has gone is pretty amazing. Kinda scary IMHO.

I would really encourage everybody to read the Declaration of Independence. Good stuff, and it isn't very long.

I know, right??
    I just hate it when Obama quarters troops at my place. And stopped me from electing my representatives. Oh, and that time he dissolved the house of representatives for (potty mouth) and giggles! Ugh!

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Oh, we're playing the picture game? That's easy!

"Declaration of Independence"
    He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
    - Arizona, though Pres. Obama only called for the DoJ to investigate the legality of their law

"Constitution"
    all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States
    - the health care bill bribery of LA and NE

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States
    - It says general welfare, not just of specific groups of people

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
    - Why prevent Chrysler and GM from entering bankruptcy? That was the legal recourse for them but they were treated specially

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
    - This means that trying to tax the bonuses paid to employees of bailed out companies was completely unconstitutional (you only get one chance
    to do the right thing and it isn’t after the fact)

96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Smoking pot? Meh, big deal. I'm ready for it to be legalized nationally already, and I don't even smoke.

We could post silly pictures all day, but it gets old kinda quick. Like arguing politics online, I suppose.

The point is we're not screwed. Please don't hate Obama more than you love America.

It's just that most on here don't agree with the current President in office. That's fine. But you can be reasonable too. Being a fairly liberal guy on all accounts, I'm happy with the direction we're headed. It's certainly a billion times better than the last administration. You know, on the issues I care about. (that could be dissembled to say I don't care about the Constitution, but that wouldn't be fair, now would it).

On the plus side, checks and balances limit what the President can do in office.
    On the negative side, checks and balances limit what the President can do in office.

Tho, as a progressive guy, it's kinda comforting history trends in that direction.

Navigator

if by happy with our current direction u mean happy with the exponentially increasing, impossible to pay back national debt to pay for all Obama's plans and "change"... no its not all his fault, Bush spent a lot too, but Obama is increasing the spending from Bush's administration by a lot... currently the US owes more money than there is dollars in existence, real and electronic... tell me again we arent screwed?
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

^^Whoop, there it is!
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast