Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we are screwed

Re: Why we are screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    i got 70/90.. conservative Libertarian id never seen it broken down the way it is there in the diagram... and didnt really know what Libertarian meant, but the description fits exactly the way i have placed myself since i started paying attention and voting...
    I've found that most people I know who try to claim they are liberal or conservative usually end up somewhere in the libertarian category. Possibly left leaning or right leaning (as I am slightly right leaning), but it's usually pretty clear. Hence the reason I don't understand why SO many people still support Obama, and the reason I created this thread (stay by your principles).
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    you gotta love the liberal media. even though we are still in two countries fighting the war on terrorism, liberal nutjobs are NOT protesting, NOT chanting with obama is a facist pig/nazi charactures, etc. as the guys at protestwarrior.com say "war is good only when a democrat is in charge!"

that first vid of the kids singing that obama ass kissing song is sickening. no doubt the handy work of the teacher. kids dont know any better, and thats why its a travesty. separation of church and state...but allow cult hero worship of the almighty cult hero obama? okaaaay. you know, it would be one thing if the song was about promoting america and doing good for her, but these twisted ass liberal teachers must indoctrinate these impressionable kids for the good of america!
    Bob, the kid's song is more than sickening, it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding that this nation was created on.

Schools that are tax payer funded should have nothing like that going on, ever, at all. It's pathetic, and that teacher needs to be gone.

She's allowed to have her opinion, but much like it is at any other office or work place, if you constantly talk politics to people, chances are you won't be working there. You have to have respect for those who have different views (obviously to an extent), and to have that sort of conduct going on at her place of work is downright dangerous, I'd feel no different if they were singing about Reagan FWIW.

The fact that these are children is another issue entirely. Children are impressionable to say the least, they look up to teachers, and for this to be done, it is complete bullshit. People like that need to be reminded that they are responsible for the words they speak, so I hope that she gets fired and has a wake up call about what responsibility really is. I feel sorry for those children.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1J4f...layer_embedded

Keep in mind that Danny Glover, Sean Penn, Oliver Stone, et al support this person.

just in case anyone feels the need like I did....

This is the email adress of the principal of the B Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ where the children singing was filmed. dking@burltwpsch.org

Here is the website for the school, it lists other contacts, and a phone number if you are so inclined.
    http://www.burltwpsch.org/schools/ys/
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I was thinking more about the teacher and the reaction I'm expecting to see from all of this.

I have no doubt that somewhere along the line, freedom of speech will be brought up. Obviously it'll be a concern in this case, but not when it comes to the "fairness doctrine" but I digress...

The teacher has every right to voice her opinions regarding politics, or any other subject, I simply don't feel that voicing those opinions to students is an ethical thing to do, especially with a state funded school. So, in the event that they do bring this issue up, the question must be asked, "If she had a child in school that was taught a "Glory, Glory, President Reagan", how would she feel? Would she be angry that the teacher is teaching her child to sing a song about a president that she doesn't agree with? And if so, what makes this case any different?

Obviously, there is no difference, and her reaction to that scenario would be no different then what we are feeling about the video. What bothers me is that these people are not stupid, they know the hypocrisy, and that folks, is what makes this dangerous. They are lovers of freedom when they are out of power, and they advocate for fairness when they are in power.

So, be careful because there are republicans that are no different. They'll get in office under the phrases of 'change' and 'ending the corruption' (sound familiar????) and they'll go right back to the same dog and pony show. Understand who you are voting for, and nothing describes a person better than their past (exactly what I said about Obama before he was elected).

If we are to maintain a free republic wherein individual liberty and accountability reign supreme, political messages disseminated in government schools must be suppressed. If history has any value, we can see that once a society mixes it's pleasures, as it were, both become polluted and cannot function.

In this case, political messages and ideals imposed on the young who are not yet experienced enough to distinguish subtleties of truth and sophistry is the method of nearly every revolutionary tyrant. His message and methods unpalatable to those aged enough to know oppression when they see it, will be rejected by all but the young.

I don't believe Obasm is a nascent dictator, but we are being conditioned to accept the methods of future despotic candidates. It is dangerous ground to navigate if we are to keep a free republic.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

How about that?
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Liberal

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal

matters, but tend to support significant government control of the

economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
    to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation

of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,

defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action

to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.
    And I agree, kids shouldn't be singing praise for any president. Respect and civility yeah, but come on, get down to the real educational lessons.

On the other hand, if anyone had a problem with Obama's message to schoolchildren recently, well that's just playing politics and silly.

According to that test I a Centrist but border line Libertarian / Right Conservative (red dot in the upper right hand corner of the centrist box). Never heard of a Centrist before.

I agree we should not be singing praise to him, they should be saying the "Pledge of Algence". Ya, I can't spell that.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    How about that?
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Liberal

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal

matters, but tend to support significant government control of the

economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
    to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation

of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,

defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action

to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.
    And I agree, kids shouldn't be singing praise for any president. Respect and civility yeah, but come on, get down to the real educational lessons.

On the other hand, if anyone had a problem with Obama's message to schoolchildren recently, well that's just playing politics and silly.
    Exactly.

I think the problem with the 'message' that Obama gave to kids was more focused on the assignment that they wanted to give post speech.

link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ignment-obama/

Sure, there was no political questions, but I doubt anyone would argue with me that public schools lean left (I recently saw posters of Obama in a 5th grade class, I was physically there, so yes, it did indeed exist) and a concern about how the teachers would ask these questions, etc, etc.

Sure, it was all speculative, but once again, flip the situation and think about how you'd feel. Either way, it never happened, the speech was fine, and that's it.

My post is to bring up another 'issue' that has me going crazy: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture...e/#postComment

My first thought is, ARE YOU F'ing SERIOUS??????? Nothing about that makes sense except for the magical word: hypocrisy!!!! It explains her politics, her actions, and every single thing about her that is wrong. This man raped a 13 year old girl, anyone who doesn't see a problem with that is either a rapist themselves, a child molester, a wannabe of either, or simply screwed up in the head.

My take on it all:

No matter what we do, we cannot end the stupidity cycle. If we vote in people who are right in the head, they are far outnumbered by the idiots. If we forcefully remove said idiots, more will take their place.

In the end, if we want America to be back to what it was like before we were lawed to death we would have to basically start over imho. Only way I can see that happening is war, and a civil war at that. Then the country is divided again.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast