Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we are screwed

Re: Why we are screwed

Keep that big picture in mind.

And I hear ya on principles.

I loved that Jon Stewart ripped apart the Democrats this week on Daily Show, they're pathetic lately. Way too much catering to the bucks than the constituents going on in congress. At least a few (Grayson and Frist come to mind) are raising their voices and concentrating on creating positive change.

I'm happy with Obama as President, and overall with his progress so far, but yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of some of his moves either, I'll grant you that.

I have the big picture in mind, I just think our pictures may look a bit different from each other, but that's all right, that's what this country is about.

Both parties are catering to the $$$ and not listening to those who elected them, it's sad. What is worse though is that opportunists are going to go off of that, get elected, and go right back to the same ol' crap.

I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised if I told you that I'm not exactly happy with Obama, but the part that really sucks is thinking about what the alternative would have been... not much better in my mind.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Check this out:Sorry guys, the vidclip is interesting, but the effetely masked profanity won't pass here. You can repost it in the NSFW and link it back here with a warning if you like.

Fred Gets It

I couldnt agree more..

Make sure you click the video and go to youtube, plenty of links for you to check out.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Awesome. That got me laughing my Equus asinus off...truly.

Calrockx, one thing that Obama does all the time that pisses me off is reminding everyone that he inherited crap from Bush. Got it and I agree that he picked up a huge pile of steaming poo from Bush. When you get hired to replace the idiot predecessor you can't tell your boss that you're doing better than the last guy...that they fired (I say fired because the Republicans were destroyed in the last two elections).

Obama may be able to handle more than one thing at a time but our bureaucracy is like the idiot in customer service that you can't overload with too many issues. When dealing with simpletons you have to map out the problem and step them through the solution, then move onto the next one. Perhaps I'm being unfair to our Congress and electorate, but how many people are able to focus on one very large complex issue and step through to the solution on their own? Not F'ING many!!!

Obama seems likable, so did Bush. Likability and a great stage presence don't make a great leader. His solutions are always to empower 'other' people to make decisions on our behalf. Give me choices over how best to take care of myself and I'll do fine. The same goes for governance and regulations. If AIG was moronic and overexposed themselves to risk, they'll lose their shirts and a competitor that wasn't as exposed will take their market share. This isn't painless but it's the law of LIFE. The old and weak die off and are replaced by the young and strong.

The older I get the more I distrust the decisions others make that will affect me. This is because only I know my situation and my family's situation well and given the available options I will take care of them to the best of my ability. The problem with our government currently is that they're taking choices away and since until recently we were all making more and more money, people were letting them do so. When we go splat and have no money and no choice, we might wake up and hold our elected idiots accountable.

I have to go, my daughter awoke from her nap.

Please omit profanity from the text of messages
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Good post, small words. I see what you're saying.

My feelings on this Nobel Peace Prize and Obama:

It's a joke and mocks everything the Peace Prize stands for.

Why is he getting an award for what he has promised? Wouldn't that be the equivalent of me saying that I'm going to make the best album ever and get a Grammy? It would have been one thing if he had actually done something to deserve this, and while I may have disagreed with it, at least there would have been something to debate about it. We're still in Iraq and Afghanistan, Guantanamo is still open, and sure, those things take time to end/close, but at least give it to him once he has actually accomplished it.

Thoughts?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I'd like to cure cancer someday. Maybe I can get a Nobel Peace Prize? I don't have the know how to do so, but the folks in Norway might give me a prize anyways.

Since when does somebody get an award for something they have not yet done? If I enter my 4Runner in a Nascar race, will I win the championship because I tried?

There are way more people that deserve this award more than Obama. I meet dozens of soldiers every day that have been injured fighting for our freedom. They're the folks that deserve something like this.

-Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

It was an insult he got that award and to add further insult to injury he really didnt do a damn thing to earn or get it.

As the days go by, I get more and more annoyed.

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times on Today at 10:33:39 am
    The nobel peace prize are submitted for voting by 2/1/2009 which means they based BO's decision solely based on his 10 days of office. WOW.....

shows you how much the nobel peace prize is a joke. Hell I would have at least given the nobel peace prize to Clinton first!
    Ultimate Yota Bash on Obama Fail. OK, I cannot skip a reply to this thread anymore. (I'll use lance's reply in this case, but there are so many others like this.)

No, it is based on his achievements in the work he did prior. C'mon, is it just normal for everyone to just boitch needlessly about who ever's currently in office?

Bush ran 3 companies into the ground before he ran our treasury down, how about that thought.

Give the man some time, Clinton f'd some stuff up pretty good himself, but time has shown his merits, same will go for Bush and Obama some day. Lighten up with this guys, it's getting old.

Instead of griping, try to step to that level and fix what you see wrong. I would enjoy this topic so much more if it wasn't full of inverse supposition and subjective views.

Show me why, but in a less bashing way and I like others, might be more willing to listen. Doing things like this just makes the forum look mean and lacking a full view of things.

..and no, I am not a democrat, nor am I a republican. Let the man do some work a little more, things are still pretty f'd up and it is never a good thing to have to take over a mess. Let blame be dealt when appropriate and evidenced is all.

him even being nominated is a JOKE. He shouldnt even be the pres. this country is going down hill FAST, and hes in the drivers seat, time to save us or kill us
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast