Thread: Good, tough video camera advice

Good, tough video camera advice

Gents,

I am not sure if this is the right place, but it gets more traffic.

I take a lot of training videos related to my lumberjack stuff. I have been using my old Sony Digi cam on video mode. Lately, the camera has been falling into disrepair. Partially because I have had it for 5 or more years and it is not a super duper camera, partially because if it is with me, it may be in a bad spot.

They have mil-spec phones and still cameras, but I think it is time for a dedicated video cam. Most of said flash card based, not hard drive for durability.

Anyone have good recommendations for something that may be out in the weather, not abused, but used somewhat hard.

There are a couple "decent" Sanyos at Best Buy for at or under $300. Is there a decent, not too spendy, tough camera out there that you guys like?
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Good, tough video camera advice

I read an article about this camera, it looks like it might fit the bill for you: dustproof, waterproof to 6.5 feet, shockproof from a 4ft drop, etc. Even in your quoted price range, and it uses SD cards to record video.

Panasonic SDR-SW21- $329 (available in silver if you don't like the orange)

Quote Originally Posted by www.gizmag.com
    Designed to keep up when your weekend exploits get a little rough, Panasonic's new SDR-SW21 compact camcorder is dustproof, waterproof up to 6.5 feet (in both fresh and salt water) and shockproof enough to sustain a 4-foot drop.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Navigator

Re: Good, tough video camera advice

thats a really nice lookin camera...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock