Thread: hope it's not too late for you guys on the left coast

hope it's not too late for you guys on the left coast

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...?keyword=44006

most of my local stores are sold out, went to 4 sear's stores to get the metric set.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Re: hope it's not too late for you guys on the left coast

That's a good price - IIRC the Snap-On guys were selling the same brand of wrench years ago out of their trucks
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

The online thing says that my closest Sears has only 4 left. It's open till 9 so I'm going to run over and pick up a set. Anyone want one too?

Thanks a lot 2ndGen!
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

i dont know how many people have tried this... but i not only have tried online, but WENT to sears to try and get them... no go on either option. it turns out that this is a misprint or something cause the kid told me they loose 6$ a set at 29.99 a set. i was going to get both metric and standard but when i tried to check out the price went back up
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I tired this and it worked for me as follows:

I went to Sears and the metric Gearwrench set was marked ' On Sale ; $69.99 '
    I told the guy that I saw it online for 29.99 - he said that is online only pricing and he can not give it to me in store. He said, though, if you buy it online with the store pickup option, it'll work. Ridiculous, but..so I went and bought a set online with the 'store pickup' option. 29.99 + tax.
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

yeah, i tried that too, was at the store, they told me the same thing, i used THEIR computer to do it, no go, came back to my place, tried it, got the metrics, then tried for the standards and couldnt get it. had to call them and they got it to work for me finally... 60$ later, i have metric and standard ratcheting swivel head wrenches... my wrists will thank me tomorrow!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Pismo
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Looks like the price jumped up to $49.99 The Sears store here is very poorly run, so I probably couldn't have picked up a set if I'd have moved faster anyway.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog