Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: C.B.I. Gen 3 REAR BUMPER Build

Re: C.B.I. Gen 3 REAR BUMPER Build

Steve, any new photos you'd care to share?
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

I'll get some more pics up when I get the swinger on. Sorry I've put on a good 4000 miles on the runner this month and haven't had a chance to do much.
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Finally got the tire swing-away painted, wired, and installed.

Here it is unloaded:

Detail items installed:
    Liences plate light so your not pulled over.

Double sheer hindge will help support the weight and make it last.

Form follows function with the locking handle. You know how all the other guys complain about their swing-away rattleing or the failing, this one wont. I plan to run a bike lock trought the holes of handle and swing-away for increase security.

Backside unloaded.

Backside loaded; now you know what all those tabs are for (shovel, breaker bar, floor jack and handle). Remember you saw it from CBI first.

Next stop: chasing/prerunning baja 1000.
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Pics aren't working, my good man.

wow...very cool bumper!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

That's an amazing looking bumper. Kind of remind me what I have on my 4th Gen, and soon will have on 3rd Gen as well. Just love it....
    Alex<br /><br />2005 4Runner V6 Limited<br />Custom LT 5.5&quot;, 35&quot;, 4.56, ARB locker<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel<br />Warn 9.5xp, Custom Roof Rack, Hella HIDs<br /><br />2001 4Runner V6 Limited<br />3.5&quot; lift, 33&quot;<br />Hella 4000s<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel - coming<br /><br />2009 AE Expedition Trailer<br />35&quot;

Can you take a side view picture? How close is the bumper to you lower corners of your rear hatch? Craftmanship looks top notch.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Navigator

thats a very nice bumper... i need something like that for my 2nd gen...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

First Production Bumper was finished this morning and went to powdercoating.
    I'm hoping to get it before Christmas.
    Side Note: I have #1 Production Bumper on my 4th Gen (2005) and now having #1 Production on 3rd Gen (2001). Sounds quiet nice.
    Alex<br /><br />2005 4Runner V6 Limited<br />Custom LT 5.5&quot;, 35&quot;, 4.56, ARB locker<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel<br />Warn 9.5xp, Custom Roof Rack, Hella HIDs<br /><br />2001 4Runner V6 Limited<br />3.5&quot; lift, 33&quot;<br />Hella 4000s<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel - coming<br /><br />2009 AE Expedition Trailer<br />35&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Slide
    What about the stock spare location...is that now unusable w/ the bumper installed?
    Well it doesn&#39;t fit a 33" but it didn&#39;t before either, that is why I needed a bumper and tire carrier made. If you are planning on carrying a spare in the factory location then you should tell CBI that when you place an order so they can make any changes to accommodate your spare.
    It is possible to fit a 33 in the stock spare location. I do it all the time when I dont have the tire carrier on. The trick is that not all 33&#39;s will fit. My 285/75/16 Nitto terra grappler will rub the panhard if I put it back there. But a slightly used 285/75/16 BFG that I got for $10 from samco fabrications parts bin clears with a 1/4" to spare.

Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast