Thread: 2WD 4runner body lift

2WD 4runner body lift

I recentl bought a 1995 2WD 4Runner SR5. Can anyone give me any advice on any body lift kits? Most of what i´ve seen around the web are for 4x4´s.

Would also like some advice on where to purchase good quality front susp. parts like bushings and ball joints, etc.

Thanks all for your help

Re: 2WD 4runner body lift

4Crawler
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

for a body lift: 4crawler. please dont go more than 2 inches...

as for parts like bushings and balljoints, i would really stay with OEM on them. a great source is northridge toyota: http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...per&Itemid=215 great prices with our discount!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

all lifts sus and body are the same for 4x4 or 2wd except the drop brackets are only for 4x4
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    all lifts sus and body are the same for 4x4 or 2wd except the drop brackets are only for 4x4
    95 is a 2nd gen, so thats not true about suspension lifts... the A-Arms on the front are different on the 2wd vs the 4wd, so the bj spacers are different, although both designs have bj spacers, they are just not interchangeable
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

As far as you are concerned Victor, all body lifts are the same for 4x4 or 2WD, all the body mounts are in the same place. I think most here would agree to NOT go any larger than 2" body lift, and many here would call that excessive. To echo the others who have already answered, i would recommend 4Crawler for all things body lift. Roger does good work, and makes a quality product.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    95 is a 2nd gen, so thats not true about suspension lifts... the A-Arms on the front are different on the 2wd vs the 4wd, so the bj spacers are different, although both designs have bj spacers, they are just not interchangeable
    guess i need to read before i post lol
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience