Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vision X Solstice Solo s1100 LED

Navigator

Re: Vision X Solstice Solo s1100 LED

Quote Originally Posted by CYi5
    The plastic mounts for the spoiler may actually be hollow. Perhaps you could drill a hole into that and maybe into the door behind the spoiler mount and go in through there.
    They are hollow. I noticed that when i was drilling through them for my flag whip mount...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Looks good Chris. Heck, I wouldn't mind having some on my house!

Wanted to know, do you need any special controllers or hook ups to wire these kinds of lights or can you just hook them up to 12v DC and be done with it?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Just hook them up and go. They have an input voltage of 9-50volts, so you just need a switch. They can be hooked together and they say once you have 5 hooked up on the same curcuit, that you should add a relay in there.

In those pictures, I just have wires draped over the roof and hooked up to the battery so that I could take some pics.
    My signature

Cool, not a bad price and will make EXCELLENT back up lights imho.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Just thought I'd give an update.

Still haven't wired it, but I did hook it up to a 12 volt plug that I had, so it's ghetto wired with wire nuts and all. I just had to get it useable for SnT.

Pulled into SnT late Friday night and it was so much better backing up with my trailer now that I'm using this light. Makes a great backup light.

I also used it while setting up my tent in the dark and making dinner, was so nice to not have to use a flashlight held by my teeth while doing that.

Now I just need to get it wired permanently. I think I need Mike and Ken to come and do my wiring. I need to just fix my ghetto wireing, install my alarm, install an aux fuse box, get and run a new coax for my cb, move my elocker switch, and install my military multi switch.
    My signature

If I were you I'd start with the aux fuse box and update/upgrade any wiring that needs to go to it. Or consolidate and move everything to it. I've got in the the dash under the stereo and I like it out of the engine compartment. Another advantage of having it there is I can hard wire interior electrical stuff easy and half of my external wiring leaves the interior of the vehicle through the transmission hole in the console area. Everything is clean and in one place.

Did you figure out a way to route your wiring?

That sounds like a good plan. When are you going to start? Seriously though, that was where I was thinking of starting, it would help fix my ghetto wiring, and like you said, make adding the other stuff much easier.

I'll have to check out the transmission tunnel, I've been running it through the firewall with all the other wires. Can be a pain sometimes.

I have some ideas for wiring the light, but won't know for sure till I get into it.
    My signature

I've got a 6 spot blue sea aux box and I think it maybe full (cb, gps, front rock lights, rear rock lights and front HID's). So it looks like I have an extra spot and 2 if I combine my rock lights. I've got an 8 gauge wire that comes in through the factory hole/grommet/wire bundle to the blue sea and one 14 gauge wire that leaves through the same hole and goes to the HID's. Everything else is on short wires behind the dash. My cb wiring (power) took all of 2 minutes and that included the dash removal. The coax took a little longer but that was expected.

I don't like working through the firewall. On the 4runners water that comes off the hood can drain down them and into the cabin. I know there are seals but drilling a hole and sealing it is a pain in my book. I used what was there and it's nice and tight. My old truck's firewall was pretty protected and I had 3 holes in it and regretted everyone. About a year before I sold it I had what I thought was a wiring problem (turned out to be the alarm and starter bypass) so I ripped out tons of wiring and updated it. All the relays were in the same place, aux fuse box, blade style fuses (no more cheap plastic tube fuse holders to break) and 14 gauge to everything. When I got the 4runner I decided to do it right from the start. I think I'm keeping with the motto although I've drilled some holes here and there.

Yeah, when I started on the 4runner, I didn't know what I know now, so I have to move backwards.

I never drilled through my firewall, I just shoved the wire through the same seals that the other harnesses are running through. Usually it involves a coat hangar run through from the motor side, tapeing the wire to it and pulling it back through. It's a pain, especially the more wires going through there.
    My signature

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast