Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on Shane's Condition (The Crash Today)

Re: Update on Shane's Condition (The Crash Today)

Ouch bud. I've had a few trucks get way too close but nothing thrown yet. Get well soon.

-Erik
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Concussion's fading. Neck not as sore, having tingling in my left side and light "tremors", like my leg starts twitching. Doc says things are trying to heal on the body and the head. Taking the day off, lecture sucked, couldn't concentrate and felt dizzy, sleep, nauseous. Coach kicked me out once I showed up, told me "What are you doing here? Go home and tell your wife to take care of you or something!"

Glad you're getting to be ok man... I got hit with a bottle on a training ride a couple weeks ago, but I was the last guy in line and didn't go down. The pisser is that it was some a** in a 4runner!!! Couldn't believe it!
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

What in the world is up with you guys in NorCal? I didn't get bottles thrown at me when I lived in Arkansas and heaven knows that's not a place known for restraint and refinement.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Honestly half the roadies out here ask for it and ruin for the rest of us. I've never ridden with Scott but I know he's not the type to go around asking for trouble and bottles thrown his way.

Well, it's been a little over a week now, and honestly I am still fuzzy and inevitably a bit grumpy and frazzled still. I am back in athletics, but only allowed limited workout times. Also took my midterm, and honestly I think I did easily a B+. so maybe if I did better I can say it knocked some sense into me. As for my neck and shoulder they're still whacked, and cramping up, I am still only using a light muscle relaxant, only when things completely lock/cramp up b/c it's a pretty heavy thing and I can't stand it and nothing else whenever possible. Lower small of back and left leg are still twitchy and spasms, but not due to the concussion. They did a nerve test and tracked it to the issue with my back, possibly some swelling still in the sciatic/lumbar so as said above, light workouts. I still can't believe I only ended up with this and bumps and bruises, no stitches, etc and that one totally escaped unharmed with just sore ribs from my landing on him and then into the ditch.

Not much else, baby shower's this weekend along with the 1" body lift install, I plan on finding a bit of advise from Keith useful and gonna find a lawn chair and supervise both events.

Everyone, thanks for the support and replies, and sadly, the bike's DOA with a cracked steerer tube, lower headtube crack at the downtube, and a crumpled Campy wheelset that tore the spokes through the flanges. If I could catch the jerk I'd be in trouble legally, this has easily cost the three of us over $10,000 in damaged bikes, medical bills not even included.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12