Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 7 impressions

Re: Windows 7 impressions

I've been running it on my netbook, laptop, and wifes laptop. Loving it all across the board.
    It made my netbook quicker then when it was running XP.

I guess I'll need to buy some copies when the release candidates start quitting.

I've had no issues with vista either, as long as the nag screens are turned off. They drove me crazy when I first got it. After service pack 1 it got a lot quicker also.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

I just ordered a new Dell Studio XPS 8000 with Windows 7 Ultimate. Im looking forward to it. It should be pretty good. Intel Core i5-750 processor(8MB Cache, 2.66GHz), 8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz-4x2GB, 23" HD Monitor, 1024MB nVidia GeForce GT220, 750GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive 7200 RPM, and so on. Its going to be a nice upgrade from the 7 year old Gateway desktop that crashed on me last week. Haha.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    i havent heard any complaints yet about compatibility... but how old are the games your talkin about? like Chips Challenge old? or Counterstrike 1.6 old? or Quake 3?
    I would like to know if Quake 3 works on 7. (Granted Quake Live could be substituted if not.)

Navigator

i have no idea, but i would be willing to bet it does, since 7 has the compatibility mode if needed...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I'm sure Quake III would run fine (especially if you're careful to run the installer with administrative privileges.) Keep in mind that Windows 7 Professional (the version I'm running, 1 step above Home Premium) has XP compatability mode, but I don't think Home Premium does. Not sure if you'll need it, but there you go.

When my Release Candidate ran out a few months ago, I went ahead and got two full installs of Win 7 Pro, mainly for the WinXP compatibility mode (although I haven't needed it yet).
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Navigator

ya i have a copy of win7 pro thats gonna replace vista HP on my desktop...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    ya i have a copy of win7 pro thats gonna replace vista HP on my desktop...
    You should be fine then.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123