Thread: Sunroof jammed

Sunroof jammed

Apologies for the lack of explanation I'm really busy and only had a couple minutes to diagnose the problem. Tried opening my sunroof and after beginning to roll back it stopped. I put it back up and looked above the headliner and there is a plastic piece running the width of the car, maybe 5 or 6" wide, that's came loose and is blocking the window from moving along the tracks. I couldn't really see where it should have been in the first place, only that its completely loose. Anyone have any idea what this is, I'm guessing I'm going to have to remove the headliner for this fix. How easy is it to remove the sunroof window? Thanks for any help in advance.
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Re: Sunroof jammed

from what I understand, that part helps in case of leakage...it shouldnt be moving though. Mine moved and eventually got wedged in there, it was a PITA to get out. then my sunroof started leaking and I couldnt find the leak. So I did the next best thing, took some Silicon and now my sunroof is leakproof, but it will never open again..LOL!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL