Ever since moving out here to AZ a few years ago, the wife and I haven't had much time to explorer our new state. This past weekend we tried to partially remedy that by going north to see the Lake Powell area at the border of AZ and UT, and going a few more hours into Utah to see Zion National Park.

This was a really fun trip with many new adventures. We headed up there on Friday and found our reserved campsite. Not exactly wilderness camping, but at least we had wifi and I could surf UY with my ipod!

On Saturday, we went to Zion Adventure Company and rented the equipment we needed for a hike. This wasn't just any hike, but a hike up a river. While not absolutely necessary, the neoprene socks, river shoes, dry pants and walking stick really help to make the hike more enjoyable.

This was the deepest part, but most of it was ankle to knee deep. Supposedly, the dry pants keep you dry and warm, but ours leaked and we still got wet. But I think we were warmer than without it.

The next day, we headed out back toward Lake Powell to see Upper Antelope Canyon.

One of the tour trucks got stuck since the 4wd wasn't working.

This is Horseshoe bend.

This is where I sat:

This was my view:

This was as close as my wife got to the edge:

And of course, the obligatory 4runner shot.

And here are the rest of the pics. http://antinode.smugmug.com/Travel/T...5182527_HPLJDB