Aftershock is a fun trail. It's pretty easy up until Depreciation Knob (you can guess why it's named that). It's a really, really tight Z turn, definitely favors the short wheel base rigs. After that obstacle is the axle breaker section. A series of slick granite rocks that give very little traction and lots of places to wedge and bind up your wheels. I never made it past that part. We had a Jeep in our group break a front driveshaft. Joe had to strap him out of there. The Jeep was the only one with a winch and he couldn't get turned around to winch me up Depreciation Knob, so I turned around and went back the way I came. I met up up with them again at the top of the ridge. Like I said though, it's a fun trail. Just listen to your spotter and you'll do fine!

For those going up to Big Bear on the 25. I think there is an Adopt-A-Trail BBQ/recognition thing going on. Be preprared for a lot of traffic on the trails. I know the Victor Valley 4Wheelers are planning to run Gold Mountain backwards. I'm not sure how early they are planning to start their run, though. All the My Jeep Rocks people will probably be out in full force. LOL

Hope you all have a great time! Take lots of pictures!