Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gold Mtn - John Bull 10/25

Re: Gold Mtn - John Bull 10/25

Aftershock is a fun trail. It's pretty easy up until Depreciation Knob (you can guess why it's named that). It's a really, really tight Z turn, definitely favors the short wheel base rigs. After that obstacle is the axle breaker section. A series of slick granite rocks that give very little traction and lots of places to wedge and bind up your wheels. I never made it past that part. We had a Jeep in our group break a front driveshaft. Joe had to strap him out of there. The Jeep was the only one with a winch and he couldn't get turned around to winch me up Depreciation Knob, so I turned around and went back the way I came. I met up up with them again at the top of the ridge. Like I said though, it's a fun trail. Just listen to your spotter and you'll do fine!

For those going up to Big Bear on the 25. I think there is an Adopt-A-Trail BBQ/recognition thing going on. Be preprared for a lot of traffic on the trails. I know the Victor Valley 4Wheelers are planning to run Gold Mountain backwards. I'm not sure how early they are planning to start their run, though. All the My Jeep Rocks people will probably be out in full force. LOL

Hope you all have a great time! Take lots of pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    yeah yeah yeah, its been a long time since i hit a proper rocky trail, thats what happens when life gets busy!

looks more and more like im making this, bringing of course the girlfriend and possibly my sister(shes been wanting to go for a while, and if you make a pass at her ill make you useless to a woman, man, or your right hand... (ooohhhh that rhymed... badass!))
    sister? youve been holding out on UY lol. so who else is going now that we know Seans sister is coming?

shes not ACTUALLY my sister, but i lack a better explanation of our relationship. long term bestest friend?

what time are we starting gold mountain? im open to any time, but i think earlier the better. i wouldnt mind starting as early as 8. as its sunday, i cant spend the whole day up there, so we will be bugging out at the end of gold mountain and taking jacoby canyon to the highway.

does anyone want a 3rd member? i have my old 4.10 v6 third, was pulled with 140k miles and is now a bit rusty. good for a regear though. if someone wants it ill bring it with.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks for the advice Jenn, Thats the thing Im worried about, not having a winch.

Sean, Lets say meet at Gold trail head a 9.
    If were quick airing down we can be on the trail by 9:15
    Gold will take us roughly 1.5 hours.

I'd take that thrid if it would fit my chit
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

ok, its about 1.5 hours up there from my house, so that means ill leave about 730 or before. (posting this so I dont forget, hahaha)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

9am sounds good to me
    Uummmm??? I forget.

So if I loaded up tonight and stared driving I might make it by 9? Right? Hell, my truck has never seen rocks like ya'll get to play around in... Jealous...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Bump
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Head count everybody. Who all is going so far?
    Uummmm??? I forget.

Scuba--Maybe, pending Saturday.

Scott, if something happens and i can't make it Ill call you Saturday night..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast