Thread: Warmongers or Peacemakers: Who Will Be Responsible for Scorching the Earth?

Warmongers or Peacemakers: Who Will Be Responsible for Scorching the Earth?

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Warmongers or Peacemakers: Who Will Be Responsible for Scorching the Earth?

In a world where evil exists in the heart of men, the innocent must stand defiantly and defend righteousness with greater blood and horror than that which evil can tolerate. Warmonger or peacemaker depends upon ones' allegiances and perspectives. I'll bet Hitler believed the allied forces were evil warmongers while the axis powers were the innocent peacemakers.

Good clip, David.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I like PJTV, especially Bill Whittle.

I agree spot on with what he said.

War is a nasty thing, but it is far worse to ignore that war is, at times, required to continue your way of life. It goes for both sides, and like it or not, people have to choose one.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill

"Therefore the skillful leader subdues the enemy&#39;s troops without any fighting; he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field." - Sun Tzu

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372588/quotes - Just look for the first quote. I don&#39;t want to take the time to edit for profanity so it&#39;s linked.

Mankind has been killing each other since the beginning of time and I don&#39;t expect us to stop. Kansans don&#39;t kill Missourians anymore but they did leading up to the Civil War. Europeans spent about 2,500 years killing each other under various tribes, city states and then nations. Only when a people are completely exhausted by fighting with their enemy will they enter into peace. Diplomacy is the art of getting people to agree to a bad arrangement because the other guy didn&#39;t get what he wanted either, but peace only results if the both peoples don&#39;t think they can get a better deal later or it isn&#39;t worth the loss of life and treasure to get it. Britain defeating France in war won&#39;t open new resources or trade opportunities to them. That&#39;s why they don&#39;t fight anymore, not because they&#39;ve really care that war is horrible.

If people were really averse to violence, movies like Gladiator would fail, boxing and rugby wouldn&#39;t exist, and jails would be under total lockdown in order to prevent conflict. Correct me if I&#39;m wrong. People are essentially bad and the only thing reigning them in are laws, which are nothing more than codified norms of behavior backed up by the threat of punishment for transgressions.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson