Thread: Remember my Black 99 4runner?

Remember my Black 99 4runner?

Remember how I said the guy who bought my Black 99 4Runner did so to explore Central and South America with it?

Well, he's doing it. He has had to abbreviate his expected route due to cost, but it looks like he's having a good time.

http://meandyota.blogspot.com/

I can't imagine having the time to just take a two-month trip on the road to go explore - for the hell of it. Must be nice!

-andy

Re: Remember my Black 99 4runner?

wow...very cool. I would love to do something like that.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Cool. You should email him and tell him he needs more action shots.

Nice!
    My signature

He ran out of gas in the US and only the 1st blog post. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the trip.

I've been listening to the amateur traveler podcast and it's amazing that people can just take a year off from working and take the whole family traveling around the world.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

LOL. That's the ONE thing I couldn't get working on that truck. I replaced both the sending unit in the tank and the incline sensor behind the instrument cluster and the gauge still didn't work right. The only thing left when he bought it would be to get a gauge cluster from a junker and swap them out. I guess he didn't take my advice on that one even though it's "kinda" important when out in rural Mexico to know how much fuel you have... So far, he's been in some "sticky" situations, but has managed them OK. It will be an adventure for him, that's for sure.
    -andy

He's in my backyard (figuratively)! Tell him if you can to head over to Chapala, then up the east side of the lake towards Ajijic to Tony's roadside restaurant. Order the steak and be kind to the familia! Also suggest he visit Guanajuato and see about doing a tour of the Missions (Colonia Settlemant Tour) along with the Mummies. You can even see the wife's most famous relative's grave, Jose Jimenez the singer. SInce he mentioned Elizade in his blog, he might also like that music, besides, the grave site's phenomenal! Good times to be had and if he catches things right he can do the night guided tour through Guanajuato, the Cervantes Festival is through the end of this month and takes you past Diego Rivera's place.

Oh, and as I'm sure Stover will second, but some Patron, keep the money flowing, the drop in tourism b/c of our economy, along with the whole Swine Flu deal has been killing business down there.

*In other words, since I've family down there, I am stoked to hear of someone's trip through there, and he will be treated with great hospitality.

A tequila tour, what a great idea. And what a great vehicle to do it in.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    A tequila tour, what a great idea. And what a great vehicle to do it in.
    Enjoy these, while not all of the roll, they show the sights a little. Imagine fields that are acres, make that miles wide, all blue agave as far as the eye can see. Huge silo/ovens where they cook the agave, stylish and modern internaled distilleries, all among picturesque mountains, Sierra Madre Mountain outlooks if you drive up out of the valley a little, old classically styled Cathedrals and Catholic Churches, picture a classic image of the "Old-West"..

Makes you want to hit me up and rent out our place in Chapala, huh?

*uploading now..nothing&#39;s been edited yet, so they&#39;re a little too bright.

Nondescript oven disguised as a light house, basically, "illegal" distillery, for local production only.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2658/4035453691_278fffd27d_b.jpg[/img]

little MTB ride through Guanajuato and out to the lower Sierra Madres, a lot of little cobblestone streets.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2642/4036202696_2fca439b4e_b.jpg[/img]

Yo soy José Jiménez y este es mi legado.

Aye yay-yay-yay.. canta y no llores..

Un poquito vaquero.