Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RECOVERED: 85 4Runner - Auburn CA

RECOVERED: 85 4Runner - Auburn CA

cross posted from here

Quote Originally Posted by TRT2 View Post
    some one decided they wanted my 85 4Runner last night and stole it from my driveway.

Please keep an eye out for this truck... thanks!

EDIT Rocko: Vehicle Recovered. Title Changed to Reflect.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: STOLEN: 85 4Runner - Auburn CA

ill keep an eye out in truckee
    1988 4runner hybrid 44/60 front axle dual inchworms 12bolt rear<br />1972 jimmy 425hp and smog examt<br />95 range rover

This is near my neck of the woods. I'll keep an eye out.

Glad to see someone copied the info here. For those unaware, that is Tony Twiddy's rig, as in Tony, the president of TLCA!

Like I said elsewhere online, Here's hoping the tard that stole it gets whatever karma is coming down upon him/her. The sheer stupidity of stealing from someone who's done so much for our community amazes me. Why I sometimes ask how can some people be so selfish.

I asked him to pm me the vin/plate, as soon as I have the info I'll pass it on if there's a sighting. Biggest thing is the crumpled left rear fender area. Very unmistakable.

Im thinking more and more that those with a manual t-case should put it into neutral if the truck is parked alot.

FWIW these trucks are very easy to steal.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

FYI MODS..this can go ahead and be pulled off of the main page. The vehicle has been recovered and it looks like Tony's just gonna let it go and focus on other things for now.

re: Posted via the club page..
    Recovered night of 12/30, near Lake Clementine... stripped but not burned.

cost 804 to get out of the impound yard and towed home. Will post photos later...

Not much good news here but... the engine is there and almost intact, the tranny transfer are still present.

The IFS box is still there... but obviously, interior trashed for stereo removal, tires axles springs shocks drivelines gone, top gone.

Hood doors and tailgate still there.

Winch and winch bumper gone of course.

Re: RECOVERED: 85 4Runner - Auburn CA

Thanks for the info/update Shane! I edited the title to keep it up to date! I appreciate it!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I'm surprised it was found so close to where it was stolen.

Glad it was found nonetheless.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

I was just up near Laqke Clementine yesterday. I've spent a lot of time up around there cycling, mountain biking and hiking and it is a popular area to dump cars. I've been with groups doing trail work and found cars off of Upper Clementine Road. It's all dirt and you've got a lot of locals that go back there.

Wow Mike..and here I thought a Tacoma into a tree out here was odd for a section of accessible area. You'd think enforcement would have a clue about this type of thing and do something progressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast