Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blaster build

My Blaster build

Well I finally decided to make her more stable...and twice as much + power. I bought a kit from a guy with carb, piston, cylinder and ported head that makes 36 hp used in conjunction with a 3mm stroker crank, which i now have and am having to clearance for it. I got the Banshee rear axle, that increases my width by approx. 3.5", so 1.25" on both sides. I got a 3" extended swingarm, and 400EX shock on the rear to help with jumps and overall handling.

The cylinder (jug) that I bought, is bored .070, the carb is a 35mm PWK Keihin Airstriker, Vito's 3mm stroker crank, Wiseco bearings and piston, and got an aluminum airbox to use with the bigger carb. I got to cut the old plastic airbox out of the fenders to accomodate this.

Ok...here's pics...I'll stop blabbing for now

Before...

Without the Banshee axle

With the Banshee axle

She is naked...

With the 3" extended swingarm and new tires and rims on the back

Engine coming apart..

Trans test fitting

Testing the gears

The jug, head, vforce 2 reeds, and 35mm Keihin awaiting to be assembled on the case when i get it done. I am putting all new allen head bolts back in it instead of those cheap phillips heads that strip all the time

It's a work in progress...but I have all the stuff for it to go back together.

To be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Re: My Blaster build

Great....

Gonna kill yourself and the rest of us J?

LMAO!!!
    looking sweet dude!
    Hopefully I will be getting down there soon,
    If not soon, at least around Christmas time (thats just too far away though...)

Def lovin the new stance in the front

Well if you came down then you would definitely be helping me get this back together! I had to grind the case a little for the stroker crank, but other than that, everything is bolt on. Well with the exception of cutting the old airbox out of the fenders and bolting the new one up.

It's gonna make around 38-40hp. Stock Banshee puts out 36-40 if that tells you anything...

I got the dyno sheet to prove it as well...so it's all tested and true. A little later on I will go with a big bore, and that will bump it up to a 240cc. That would call for extended a-arms for more stabilization.

Oh...forgot to add...I changed the gearing in the back from a 40 tooth strocket to a 44 tooth, and then I purchased the stroker crank, so I may be going back to stock 40 tooth gearing in the back if all it wants to do is wheelie every time I change gears. Then I'll add the 14 tooth sprocket up front for more top end power.

Still gotta get an extended chain...or get another masterlink and extend the one I got now. I just don't like the idea of running 2 masterlinks. Not with that much power in that little thing..

Also...with the addition of this Toomey pipe and silencer...it should be good throughout the whole powerband. So getting up to speed and staying there will be NO problem
    I like sporking from behind.   

Looks like alot of fun, im working on fixing my junk shortly.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Loos like fun.

Are you still doing the powdercoating thing?

I pray you don't hurt yourself on that thing. Old folks don't bounce like they once did.

Damn J,
    Sweet Deal.

And you know it dude, I was down there I would be kissing baby Salisa hi, giving Katy and hug and then heading straight to that thing to get it all together!

So what ca gonna get for Katy now lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Looks like alot of fun, im working on fixing my junk shortly.
    Yeh you need to load it up and follow Avy down and lets get it going!
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Loos like fun.

Are you still doing the powdercoating thing?
    This is a time when I wish I had my oven up....I just had to rattle can my swingarm a candy blue transparent with silver sparkle under that...I hate wet painting! Never looks better than powder...to me anyways

Quote Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
    I pray you don't hurt yourself on that thing. Old folks don't bounce like they once did.

Ya know...I'll say it again...I am the only person who didn't wreck it...yet! I respect power sometimes...and don't go overboard...but this thing would kick some butt on a dirt track with some jumps. Not much on trailriding...I experienced a really light front end coming up rocky hills. I like flat track racing tho...maybe a light ride thru the hills but 2 strokes weren't meant to go light on so that's really out of the question.

The better reeds oughta make the throttle a little more subtle, but crisp than the old stock reeds. It will have the power to get up and go if you hit the gas...but once I am done with this, I will step up to the Banshee.

I know all about the getting old...gotta go on the 11th of next month to get some injections in my spine to try and heal 4 bulging discs, and the doc told me i have my family disease which my spine degenerates over time, and i have narrowing of my spine as well inside where the nerves are. So yeh...i know all about the getting old thing!

Who knows, i may keep this and teach my boy how to ride it...but something tells me that the girls will want to when they get older! Then get them into racing one day maybe...I'll build em', they race em'! Just gotta test drive them first...LOL

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast