Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blaster build

Re: My Blaster build

Once you get so high its kinda relative as the blaster is (at least for me) to small really. The EX, Zuk, Banshee, Raptor, Warrior and KFX are more my size. My Zuk 230 is just about the smallest I feel comfy on.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

The Blaster is kinda small...for two people anyways. I wanted something bigger, but this was within my budget with plenty of power, so we snapped it up. Its small enough to play around on, but still too much power to neglect as it will give you some serious road rash
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

^Yea they all give you serious road rash man and it aint fun!

Well I found out last night, after some info on the blaster forum i frequent, that the bolt in the swingarm that i got from Ebay didn't work 2 times for another guy. So I tried mine and sure enough, mine doesn't fit neither. The guys jig, or welding is off a touch. So I am sending it back and getting another, and once it is fine, I will get my stock one extended and coat it and use it because I've heard the welds break after jumping with the Ebay swingarm, from multiple people. This puts me out for another month or so.

That stinks, but what do you expect from ebay stuff unless its brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    That stinks, but what do you expect from ebay stuff unless its brand name.
    This is very true....there is no "cheap" way out of things no more. I just paid $200 for it tho. Thats not too cheap....but a brand name one is twice that cost. I am just having a guy extend my stock one.

Ouch, thats still spendy. I left my swingarm alone-usually they SUCK to get off. Probably gonna be doing alot to my EX. Gonna do 450R shocks up front, new cluch cable, new clutch and brake from ASV, brakes all the way around, different rims and tires on the back (18's make it way to low im thinking 20's and the stupid offset rims i hate as they make it tippy), then I gotta do the carb, etc, etc.

The Zuk 230 just needs 2 engines made into one and im done, everyting else although old and beat up is servicable.

The 400Ex&#39;s look pretty decent as far as the swingarm length goes. Really soft and jumpable ( is that a word?) rear shock. There&#39;s not much mods you need to do besides tires and rims, and maybe a few engine mods here and there.

My problem was it not being wide enough, tipping when doing donuts in mud is bad, and takeoffs were crappy due to the short wheelbase, thus me wanting a longer swingarm. If I wanna wheelie it, then I want one just big enough to wheelie when provoked, but keep my front end down on launches and slow hillclimbs.

I wish we lived nearby each other. i would come up and help you get in gear, and you help me with patience in assembling, and work as a team!

I just found the swingarm I want. I may save for this one instead.

http://www.metaltechproducts.com/Yamaha_Swingarm.htm

Scroll down to the blaster swingarm. Chain adjusting is a breeze with the round style carrier attached. I need like 3 different size wrenches, and one socket to adjust mine with the factory swingarm.

All in all, I shoulda thought this out more on the swingarm and saved for the one I wanted. Oh well...that&#39;s life....live and get screwed, then learn

Yea shame your so far away if'n i keep my current job for awhile longer I have weekends off period so once spring hits and my quads are ready i invited Avy to join me at rausch creek atv park. We could easily come to you assuming we borrow or find a trail big enough if we take his 4Runner. If I can get the Tundra in the next 3-6 mo then I could just use his trailer as it will fit the smaller atv. We shall see, but assuming everything works out I will be down sometime sooner than later I hope. Some places to ride around me, but nothing special.

The 400ex is a wheelie machine, I have a hard time not wheeling it and I honestly dont like that feeling to much as it almost has to much power compared to my 230 I was never into the super duper jumps and wheelies all over the place-racing around a track or something is more my style as ive crashed one to many times lol. Generally no issues with the EX suspension, it handles nice but the front shocks are worn out, it is an 00 or 99 i forget atm. the rear swing arms also quite good imho, i just need the larger wheels as its to low.

That swingarm is $$$ man, wow. I wonder if you could find a used one for a decent price or maybe plate your ebay one?

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Yea shame your so far away if'n i keep my current job for awhile longer I have weekends off period so once spring hits and my quads are ready i invited Avy to join me at rausch creek atv park. We could easily come to you assuming we borrow or find a trail big enough if we take his 4Runner. If I can get the Tundra in the next 3-6 mo then I could just use his trailer as it will fit the smaller atv. We shall see, but assuming everything works out I will be down sometime sooner than later I hope. Some places to ride around me, but nothing special.

The 400ex is a wheelie machine, I have a hard time not wheeling it and I honestly dont like that feeling to much as it almost has to much power compared to my 230 I was never into the super duper jumps and wheelies all over the place-racing around a track or something is more my style as ive crashed one to many times lol. Generally no issues with the EX suspension, it handles nice but the front shocks are worn out, it is an 00 or 99 i forget atm. the rear swing arms also quite good imho, i just need the larger wheels as its to low.

That swingarm is $$$ man, wow. I wonder if you could find a used one for a decent price or maybe plate your ebay one?
    I thought about gusseting the ebay one, but if you look at the one off that site, the tubes going thru the swingarm, are all the way through it, and welded on the outside. Whereas the stock swingers and the ebay one i got, is just welded to the outside of the metal where it meets it at. To me, that and plus gussets make it a stronger swingarm and the ease of chain adjustment with the round carrier, make it unbeatable. Check out the other round style carriers from lonestar racing and what not...that's over 700 bones. That's too much...but if my big arse is gonna be jumping it, I need something that will hold up to the hard landings. The suspension with the EX shock will absorb alot of the impact. It also has the mounted rezzie on it.

If it's gonna be out of commission for a bit and I take my time on the motor while I wait for the swingarm, so be it. I just don't want that crap from ebay breaking on me after a few jumps. A guy that responded to my thread last night, said he had 2 break, and one with the holes not lining up like mine did last night. I believe if the guy sends me one back, I will either sell it, or gusset it and post it back on ebay and get me a round style carrier. Just avoid the headaches altogether. It will take about 2 months of saving, but I'll get it.

Speaking of places to ride...our new babysitter's husband has bikes and a 4 wheeler for his kids and has a place to ride around here. Not to mention I got that other friend with the 150 acres. If I get a bug up my butt...I may take off to WV and I know places there to ride all day long and not hit every trail twice.

If you and Avy could load up....we would be happy to have you guys over and stay here and we could ride different places for a whole weekend.

We just gotta get Avy a scooter or something with a motocross helmet so he doesn't feel left out...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast