Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blaster build

Re: My Blaster build

Yea, thats def the way to go with the swingarm man. Guessting an already weak swingarm isnt worth it really. I say reselling or keeping it tucked away as a just incase maybe worth it-but selling its better.I have seen lonestars and such and you aint lying they are $$$$ Shoot you think 700's bad ive seen them for up to 1200 depending on what model and where ya buy it from!

Riding sounds awesome, could go for an entire weekend with ease soon as I fix my junk. My brother finally got a job so the Zuk will be fixed soon (hes paying for all parts) and we should have it up and running I hope, the old motor ran out of oil b/c usually like all the 230s the crankcase bolts snap off or get screwed up and not put back in. Plus the thing needed a rebuild, was burning about a quarter of a qt every 3-5 rides. I lent it to a friend and forgot the oil level was low and it threw the rod and piston. I have a newer motor thats like 3/4 of one i got cheap im gonna have to take the old parts and the new parts and play Dr Frankenstein here. Thought abot boring it, but its pretty powerfull as is imho.

I know Avy really wanted to load up and go when we last talked about it. We can find an old minibike for him lol.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Every time I think of Avy and a little bike, I picture that movie dumb and dumber with Jim Carrey....LMAO SORRY AVY!

Yeh Lonestar has a good rep...but you gotta have a golden wallet for that.

Building these motors isn't all that hard...not much to them compared to a vehicle engine. I know what you mean about the DR Franky thing..I got a new set of Boyesen Pro Series reeds for my stock cage sitting right now because I got the Vforce 2 cage with that kit. I believe when we get Katy a Blaster....I'll swap them out in hers to make the throttle better, then proceed to widening it with another banshee axle and new tires and wheels.

Consider changing out the case bolts with allen head bolts. The kits aren't that much, and it sure beats the hell out of them old stripped out philips head bolts they use from the factory! Much stronger tensile strength too.
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Yea, ive got a nice shop I found online the specializes in zuk 230 parts. I shoulda bought a warrior or something tho, cause the 230 is so dated its hard to find parts.

Yeh...I was just thinking that.

Yamaha is SO easy to find parts for.

I took what I could at the time, for 500 it was def the right price since it had all new plastics and was in relatively good shape for the time.

Yamaha and Honda are always easy to find parts for, Zuki is harder.

Well I won the exhaust header for 27+20 shipped which isnt to bad imho. 50 bucks for a stock header and its basically brand new-said it had like 10 hours on it.

good deal man! I got my bottom end together...and blasted with glass bead to bring back the factory silver on the cases

Made sure it would shift first

Test fit

Then I put the sealant on the cases and pulled it together!

Looks nice J, having a bead blaster must be nice

It comes in handy sometimes! It's a cheap harbor freight one...I modified the gun in it and hoses and lights and...well you get the picture!

Yea, hey for what it is it works huh?

I been wanting one of those but need a compressor to run it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast