Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My Blaster build

Re: My Blaster build

Sounds good...
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Yea, we shall see.

Hopefully it works, cause the thought of possibly having to do what I outlined int he other post with the frame isnt a happy one.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

LOL....yeh this is true. I am cutting off brackets not necessary for certain things I took off and eliminated, and re-welding those tabs where i am mounting aftermarket stuff. Sometimes ya gotta refab it up!
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Yea, but finding a frame for just that part so har has been challenging. 400ex frames are known to be weak if you jump and beat/race them alot and need reinforcement on some key welds. So Im hoping if it comes down to it ill find a wrecked frame for 100 bucks and get that part.

Gotta baby them Honda's sometimes...LOL

Yea lol..

I wanted a warrior but an extra 50cc and the reliable honda motor as well as the handling is why I bought one. Warrior is nice but its not been changed in over 10 years and the 400 can run circles around it.

I know once my Blaster is done, i will kill 400's and 450's. I've heard alot of guys having less than what i got and still running with them. Light stuff and peppy motors make for an entirely different beast!

Yea a 2 stroke usually walks all over a 4 stroke, but the required maintenance is what kept me away. I dont feel like breaking it down like every 6 months or so of riding either.

My friend had an 80's CR250 that was bored out with a new jug to at least 280cc or more. Talk about power! I could keep up usually on trails, bit forget straight line. 400cc is more than enough for me tbh lol.

Well I believe this weekend the PC oven is going back up. With the help of Philip, we should have it going by Saturday night hopefully. in the meantime, we are getting equipment together to build custom round style carrier swingarms for the Yamaha Blaster. We will see how that turns out...

Sending my clutch cover off to a guy that is putting a see thru window in it for me, and when i get the magneto cover, he is doing the same thing. I can't wait til summer...this is going to be sweet!

Im hoping by summer I have 2 workable quads. They wont be insane 2 stroke riders, but I like the reliability of the 4 stroke no reeds to change lol.

Just got done finding that frame piece and paying for it. 40 bucks isnt bad, now I just gotta remove the other one and weld this one on.My grandfather is a retired tool and die maker and is gonna come in the next week or so and see if we cant fix mine, seems to think I created a lip/ridge in the housing.

Now, if my new stock handlebars would come I would be happy. Then its new exhaust, carb tune and valve adjustment, then a timing key to gain some more power and misc other parts. Ill have 3k into it when im done including buying it for 1900. Now if I had left the dang bearing alone I woulda been almost done.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast