Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My Blaster build

Re: My Blaster build

Good deal!

Me and philip are putting up the oven this weekend so the powder coating will hopefully be done by weekend after next. This Blaster is gonna be totally reworked!

Avy...it won't be the same machine when you see it again! It will look and feel like a totally new animal! Hydro brakes for the back are on their way. Just the front hydros, 03+ hood, and some odds and ends to dress it up and she will be brand new! I'd say another $500 and she will be on her way to being assembled again. I can't wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

I wonder how your extended swingarms gonna handle? With all the work your doing it sounds to me like what you will wind up with motor wise is equal to a 250 probably.

I just got a 300 dollar paid vacation check from my boss and got 2 more checks coming (im behind in pay, its a LONG story) and working on paying off other bills, saving for a new truck (ford diesel or tundra-its becoming hard to choose!) ill have my quads ready by mid to late spring I cant wait.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

It will run stronger than a 400..at 7-10 more horsepower and lighter.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_h...nda_400EX_have

It&#39;s gonna be a scary 1st ride!
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Jesus.. Scary ride aint the word there...more like frightening!

Oh and FWIW 400ex got more like 29-30hp, add on some gear and it makes more. When Im finished I hope to be around 33-35 or so. My friends CR 250 was bored to a 280 and I could run with him and he rides WOT always, I wasnt as fast but I wasnt shifting like a mofo like him as he maxed each gear quickly. It wont walk all over your quad, but at least I can keep up. The other one, well that little 230 zuk can keep up kinda, but its nice to learn on Avy.

Well come down and test ride mine anytime after it&#39;s done. See if you could feel the difference...

I just found a great swingarm design!

So what you gonna do with your custom one lol?

Ill ride it, probably gonna be scary for me to. Wheelie machine Im thinking..

What size rear tires you gonna plan on running? 18, 20, 21, 22? Im going with 20's, got 18s now and its dang quick but its to low.

I am extending the swingarm...maybe 3" max. This will reduce the wheelies, just when you provoke it, then you will wheelie hard! The swingarm i'm making...I'll probably finish it with the old carrier connections welded back up to it, powder coat it, and sell it.

I am running 20's in the rear. Gonna run 21's up front to make it look somewhat even. Maybe even go as low as 20's all the way around. Not sure yet..

Sounds like a plan, so that offer still stands right? I'll drag Avy with me lol..

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Sounds like a plan, so that offer still stands right? I'll drag Avy with me lol..
    It's more like me dragging you

Yea, I just need to fix the dang things. It seems most things I own need to be fixed..I just cant win.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast