Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help installing lift kit with Xreas

Re: Help installing lift kit with Xreas

Any word Chris?
    -Leon<br />2004 4Runner SE v8 Black/Black<br />www.lstamatis.com<br />www.catalyst.us.com

Navigator

milton doesnt check this site very often... he is a very busy guy. with the lift you bought, what needs to be done? are the coilovers already built or do u need to put them together? i have done all my own suspension work both on the 4runner and my CR-V, with tools i have, and some rented from autozone...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Oops, yeah, I forgot to update. I got a hold of him the other day. He's going to see if we can do it at his buddies house (where they work on his racetruck). Only problem is that I think it's going to have to be after the 22nd. If it works out though, I think we can get a wrenching party going for after the 22nd.
    My signature

Navigator

haha.. if its the guy im thinking of, there are 3 race trucks in his yard... haha his own ford ranger, milton's taco, and another older taco that hes building for a guy...
    - Kevin

that sounds good. In the meantime, can i run 33" tires at stock height if I am just driving in the city?
    -Leon<br />2004 4Runner SE v8 Black/Black<br />www.lstamatis.com<br />www.catalyst.us.com

i would guess not, no, but I don't know for sure.

I have a 1" lift in front and the 32's fit good with no rubbing, but are REALLY close. No lift / stock and 33's I'd imagine you'd get a lot of rubbing in the front fenders.

The back looks like it might let you get away with it.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Navigator

if you are willing to cut up ur trim a bit, im sure the 33s will probably fit.. but i dont know how much ud have to cut
    - Kevin

I guess I'll just wait and bring them up to the wrench day with me and cut the fenders up there. thanks!

I recently lifted my '03 Sport Edition w/ X-reas with a 3" front, 2" rear spacer lift. It wasn't too bad to do, just kinda tricky at first. I had it up on a lift which helped out greatly. The only suggestion I have (I don't know if your directions say this or not, mine didn't) when putting the springs with the spacer back on, put the top of the spring in first, then work the bottom into the a-arm. MUCH, MUCH EASIER!!!

-Randall<br /><br />&#39;03 V8 Sport Edition<br />Cold Air Intake, K&amp;N Filter<br />40 Series Flowmaster<br />3&quot; front/ 2&quot;rear spacer lift<br />275 65 17 Duelers<br /><br />-a work in progress

thanks for the tip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast