Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exaggerated claims undermine drive to cut emissions, scientists warn

Re: Exaggerated claims undermine drive to cut emissions, scientists warn

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    It's too bad that those with a political agenda have radicalized a scientific issue. Now no one trusts the remedy as genuine. I suspect there is some human influence as well as natural climate cycles involved. The trick is to determine the ratios and the cost/benefit absent political prejudice...

Trust is why lying by distortion, omission and distraction is so harmful. Once trust is lost, no one will lend credibility to the subject again. We can thank AlGore for that. Ever wonder why he won't debate his conclusions and when surprised by confrontation, he gets pissy and pejorative?
    True. Though you can also thank the oil company's as well. Global Warming is bad for business. They try to throw dis-information out there as much as possible with "scientific reports". Problem is, they completely mis-represent the "facts" they put in there, and/or just flat out lie. Most folks can't tell the differene, unfortunately.

Al Gore presented some good science mixed in with a bunch of over-dramatic bull. Things are looking to get warmer. However, blaming global warming for destructive hurricanes? Come on...
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Re: Exaggerated claims undermine drive to cut emissions, scientists warn

i for one would LOVE an electric rock crawler. instant torque!!! there is no power band to worry about.

personally, while i think alot of this global warming stuff is a little out of hand, i think it can only do good for us in the long run. is it going to cost more? im not entirely positively it will. i would like to enjoy this earth as much as i can, and leave it in good working order to my children, etc. if that means a little extra work on my part, im willing to do that.

however, i firmly believe there is no one solution to this problem. the best fixes fora major problem are multifaceted. doing a little here and there will add up greatly in the end. not all places can have solar power or wind power, so use whats at hand the best we can.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12