Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Lo won't engage

Re: 4 Lo won't engage

hey rando did you ever solve this issue, and take it the dealership?
    juniOr<br />06 T4R 4WDsport<br />stock4now *Custom cargo compartments *mbQuartz DTA6x9 3way front/6.5rear *Alpine deck *5%back/28%front

unfortunately, i have been out of state for several months and unable to take it to a dealer yet. since i still have all-time 4 wheel drive that works fine (2 snow/ice storms no porblem) i have had to put it on the back burner for now (i have also been told I am due for a timing belt...$300 right there)

are you having the same issue?
    -Randall<br /><br />&#39;03 V8 Sport Edition<br />Cold Air Intake, K&amp;N Filter<br />40 Series Flowmaster<br />3&quot; front/ 2&quot;rear spacer lift<br />275 65 17 Duelers<br /><br />-a work in progress

i have checked check all that apply (fuse, driving fwd, back neutrel etc)
    i have the extended warranty (just over 61,000mi) but been lazy to drive to the dealer to check it out. im thinking its an electrical issue somewhere? 4h engages just fine. i will update this once i do figure it out.
    juniOr<br />06 T4R 4WDsport<br />stock4now *Custom cargo compartments *mbQuartz DTA6x9 3way front/6.5rear *Alpine deck *5%back/28%front

Just got the 4runner out from Toyota this morning. They were working on 4lo not engaging issue. They ordered a brand new ABS Actuator and computer assy. all under the extended warranty. 36 hours w/o the truck was a pain, to find out that this did not solve anything ?
    I spoke w/ both the technician and my service guy and neither had a clue on why they could not engage it. They did mention that he would be speaking w/ Toyota Tech dept about trouble shooting it here in the near future???
    This is not a big deal, but if i could get the 4lo working just fine before the warranty gives and i could maintain it that would be a great feature to have...
    I tried all the tricks in the book for 1 hour when i got to the house trying to engage 4lo and nothing happened..

what do you guys think about that?
    thanks in advance..

co2tx ,

do have any idea how much getting the dealer to look at it would have cost you if you didn't still have it under warranty? and did they mention any possibilities of it being a loose/broken wire? i am just wondering if something somewhere between the switch in the interior and the mechanism underneath the 4rn is the problem

i will be heading back home soon and am trying to decide whether to take it to a good mechanic or the pricey dealer!
    -Randall<br /><br />&#39;03 V8 Sport Edition<br />Cold Air Intake, K&amp;N Filter<br />40 Series Flowmaster<br />3&quot; front/ 2&quot;rear spacer lift<br />275 65 17 Duelers<br /><br />-a work in progress

Rando they replaced the ABS Actuator $2146.22 along w/ computer assy $292.49 and brake fluid $6.75 =2445.46
    When i followed up w/ the tech i brought up that perhaps one of the hoses was connected to a wrong line or loose? I am thinking that it just might be around those same lines under the 4R...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12