Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4XInnovations Tacoma Tube Bumper Review

4XInnovations Tacoma Tube Bumper Review

Last month (10/2) I placed my order with 4Xinnovations for a Tacoma tube winch bumper. Since there's not much about it online I figured I would do a little review.

First things first, I ordered 10/2 and the bumper was delivered 11/3. To tell you the truth I was expecting ~3~ weeks but no biggie.
    Cost was 665 with shipping to southern california.

The bumper itself is made out of a combination of 1.75x.120 DOM and HREW tubing. Weld's look awesome and the bumper seems to be very well constructed. Fit is pretty good, Only one bolt does not line up, And I believe it is because of the accident I got into a while ago. 5 outta 6 bolts aint bad

The thing that drew me towards this bumper more than the AllPro tube bumper is the fact that since my Tacoma is a 99 I have the end of the frame that's the odd ball of the Taco's. If I were to purchase an AP bumper I would have to chop off 3" from the front of my frame, AND I would not be able to use the aftermarket skids I already own without modification.
    So this led me to 4XI.

Here's a few picture's

I did purchase the 1 bend stinger, But I dont know if I will be able to mount my lightforces yet, So we will see

I suppose other then the middle where the winch mounts, the approach angle is well improved

Wrap around provide fender protection..

That's all the shot's I got today. I'll get some shots this weekend

All in all, I LOVE IT !
    It looks awesome, Flows with the body line's and is sturdy as hell.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: 4XInnovations Tacoma Tube Bumper Review

Glad you like it Scuba. Now paint it a new color. Please. lol. you're making us look like those primered ricer idiots who run around with thier car one color, and thier body kits in gelcoat white.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Now paint it a new color. Please. lol. you're making us look like those primered ricer idiots who run around with thier car one color, and thier body kits in gelcoat white.
    thank you!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I third that motion... Or just send it to Alabama, it'd match my truck????
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

I agree, white is too boring. I suggest hot pink with glitter.

Now, on a more serious note, I'll suggest flat black (to match your grill) or match the color of your truck. I'd lean more towards black, but I think the green could possibly pull it off, just depends on how much you plan on "using" it, if that's the case, then just flat black so you can always 'repair' it!

Looking good though!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Sticking with the white for now. It's not primer. It's a gloss white.
    Personally I think the white pops off of the dark truck alot better then black.

Why dont we all go tell Sean to paint his front and rear bumpers and sliders black, instead of the grey they are now..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

they are suppose to be silver, and are all in desperate need of paint. ill get to it one of these days!

plus the bottom 1/4 of the truck is getting silver too, so dont get your panties in a wad.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'm just saying..
    Trust me I like the way your truck looks with the sliver and all that..

Why dont we all go tell Sean to paint his front and rear bumpers and sliders black, instead of the grey they are now..flipoff
    Silver is not the same as white. To each is own but I second the pink with glitter.

Nice bumper - one thing I especially like about the 4xInnovatinos bumper is the winch mount, it just makes sense to me and would make me think the winch might stay cooler without a metal tray beneath it (though the metal tray also helps protect from the winch from a bow wake if you drop into a pond real quick . . . then again, what do you SoCal guys know about water )
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast