Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: questions on wiring up rear winch

Re: questions on wiring up rear winch

sounds like a good solution but i think i may try a single cheap fuse for 30 bucks. just gotta figure out what rating to get and how long it will take to blow. it all may get too complicated as i look into it. me running a 150 amp fuse so that they pop quickly at 500+ amps may be more trouble then its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    Scuba whens the last time me or you needed to be winched? it will be the courtesy winch for the people on the same run as us lol
    Uhh, Big Bear... Was it aug 30 ?

Twice in one day

It's ok, I got tugged yesterday, But only to save my passenger side from a buttload of body damage
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

tugged!!! tugged!!!! there been no winchings lol

Navigator

the biggest difference is winching is more controlled, and you dont need another rig to do it
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    ive got a multi mount winch now and need to run power cable to the rear end of the vehicle but cant find much info on the best way to accomplish that. first off i dont think i can find cheaper then the warn kit. i looked high and low to piece my own together but for the money this kit cant be beat it seems
    I&#39;m pretty sure you can piece a system together cheaper then that. I used a lot of those parts back when I built robots and you can find them pretty cheap. All you need is some wire, a solenoid and a Anderson Power Products genderless connector (they used to sponsor my robots!).

One place that&#39;ll have everything you need is The Robot Marketplace, http://robotcombat.com/store.html
    Here&#39;s the same connector that comes with the Warn kit - http://robotcombat.com/products/0C-PP175.html
    Then you just need to pick which solenoid you need then stop by a car audio place for the wire.

If you&#39;re not sure on what solenoid to get, you could always just by the solenoid that&#39;s already in your winch as a replacement part from Warn&#39;s website. And if you really wanted to save money you could skip the solenoid and just use a large boat switch. Just some ideas...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12