Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SEMA 2009

SEMA 2009

Someone please tell me they went and got some coverage this year because anything has to be better looking than this monstrosity..

Scuba, I am sorry to have ever said "Speed Boat Metal Flake" and "Forest Service Green" in the same sentence. This has to be the worst case of cosmic intervention EVAR!
    [img width=800 height=600]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2764/4078435592_7fa148fa8e_b.jpg[/img]

Re: SEMA 2009

That.is.fugly.

This, however, is not:

More here to remedy bleeding eyes caused by the horrendous XBOX Tacoma

SEMA Girls: http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/sema...essionals/med/
    '96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

I think there are more "Talent Shots" this year than the last few, too bad because it then becomes an indication of the poor vehicle turnout and the photog's need to actually "Get Coverage". I'm waiting for a buddy to get back Monday from his detour over to SNT to see what he's got.

Look at how they hinged the doors, using something modeled after a Nissan XTerra roof system, can you say "FAIL, complete and utter FAIL."?

Some ideas and things are best left on paper, so the janitor can take them out. Maybe there's turbo thrusters hidden under the tonneau cover?

I always did like WD-40, wonder if there's a Spot-Shot one also?
    [img width=800 height=533]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/11/09semababes---03.jpg[/img]

Good gawd that taco is ugly.

I saw it on ttora the other day from the guys at 4WDTO, im pretty sure they were there... Ill wait to see what they have in store...
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Good compilation of photos.

LINK

Navigator

some nice looking cars in there... but kinda disappointing for SEMA... looks like this year was an all out aftermarket competition to see who could build the best camaro, challenger, and mustang...

i must admit, after looking through all 420 pictures i was getting really tired of seeing all the "new muscle" cars...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    some nice looking cars in there... but kinda disappointing for SEMA... looks like this year was an all out aftermarket competition to see who could build the best camaro, challenger, and mustang...

i must admit, after looking through all 420 pictures i was getting really tired of seeing all the "new muscle" cars...
    That right there is part of my disappointment in this year's show. Way to do two things..show support for the "Home Team" and way to piss off companies who import. Come on now sinking tons of money into marketing your top line sports cars is not going to help us believe in you more. Fix your expenditures and make cars Americans will buy. Throwing money around isn't always the solution and of course the fact the whole show was "Sponsored by Ford" mirrors this fact.

But, of course that subject is best left to a political thread.

Your posts are maki[quote=NorCalBorn ]

That right there is part of my disappointment in this year's show. Way to do two things..show support for the "Home Team" and way to piss off companies who import. Come on now sinking tons of money into marketing your top line sports cars is not going to help us believe in you more. Fix your expenditures and make cars Americans will buy. Throwing money around isn't always the solution and of course the fact the whole show was "Sponsored by Ford" mirrors this fact.

[/quote

Your posts in thread thread are making progressively less sense.

HUH?

How about you learn to do quotes and learn to clarify what you meant in reply please. My post set is following the logic that this years coverage sucks, it's mostly "Talent" shots and that I would hope someone can offer up some good coverage if there was any Toyota, Lexus, or Scion vehicles. Related to that is the fact the event was sponsored in full by an American manufacturer who should like the other two American manufacturers, spend their, or rather our money better.

I hope you meant something different but if not I'm happy to spoon feed it to you. If you aren't part of the initial conversation, but then choose to throw out a bullshit comment mid span, maybe just shut up and don't chime in?

[quote=Whitey ]
    Your posts are maki
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn

[/quote

Your posts in thread thread are making progressively less sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Related to that is the fact the event was sponsored in full by an American manufacturer who should like the other two American manufacturers, spend their, or rather our money better.
    Wasn't Ford the ONLY one to NOT take a .gov handout and in the end they have now turned a profit?
    My signature

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast