Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Converting Hella 500FF's to 55W HID

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Sad.

Might be worth tacking the nut to the bolt.
    Some guys that have lost there stuff more then once have resorted to that

I'll be taking the bolts for my Mirco DE's this weekend.

I'm not totally sure why anyone took these. There are several different trucks in the same parking lot. One has some large PIAA's and a small LED light bar. There is also a Tacoma DC with a larger led light bar and two 2x3 led lights. That guy has all his mounting hardware exposed. I looked today and theirs looks untouched.

I was thinking that maybe they saw that mine were HID, they would have to remove the covers, but they left the ballasts. Since I still have the 55w ballasts I can buy new bulbs ($25) and some more 500FF's ($65) and be on my way. If I double that I can get a Chinese light bar but I feel that would be taken quicker than the 6+ years these lasted. It's ironic, I saw no less than 5 vehicles on my 5 mile kid picking up drive today with led light bars.

I looked at a few today online and was thinking about a single row bar. One feature I like about some of the double row bars is a dual color option (switchable white and amber). I think I could get some use out of that but don't want the size of a double row. I liked Jose's (?) boxed in bar.

With a flat top TJM I'd want it lower profile so it doesn't stick up as much. In talking with the Sheriff he was surprised it wasn't a light bar that was stolen. He said at times he gets several of those reported each week.

Might actually want to just tack the male theads but leave the nut alone so you can loosen and tighten for aiming, but removing will be significantly more difficult.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234