Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need p/n for knock sensor wire harness

Need p/n for knock sensor wire harness

Hey there, Ive got a P0330 Cel code(ecu now in safe mode)Ive read that 99% of the time this is caused by the wire harness going bad from heat exposure.

Ive also read that its basically just one electrical wire...toyota parts guy says its about $15 after forum discount(he also said to just replace w/$2 autozone wire and save my $!!!). But there is also another knock sensor wire(as opposed to harness) for $45, $22ish after discount.

Anyone replace these or familiar?

thanks.

Ive got a 98 4runner; v6/sc/4x

3GT4SCLT; need rear suspension stat!

Re: Need p/n for knock sensor wire harness

welcome to UY!

Sorry, I can't help much with that problem, since I'm not familiar with those yet. But,.. if you just need part numbers, http://toyodiy.com is an awesome resource for finding part numbers. You can plug in your vin number and go through the categories and look at exploded views to find part numbers.

I'm sure others will chime in soon though with advice about that knock sensor wire.
    My signature

I just replaced mine when I went through the top-end rebuild. The Toyota OEM one isn't very expensive (only $23 from ToyotaPartSales.com, which is where I got all my parts), that's the one I would go with.

- Knock sensor wire (OEM Toyota P/N 82219-34010)

It's pretty hard to get to since you have to take the upper and lower instake manifolds off, do you know what you're getting yourself into?

You can see the wire in this picture:
    [img width=800 height=532]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/mastacox/Engine%20Rebuild/Day%202/IMG_6852.jpg[/img]

Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

thanks...I just found your thread and pics and was bot to post that I found it....LOL!

but, there is still this other knock sensor wire p/n that i found on another thread relating to the p0330 code.

90980-07381 $15.00..harness(this is the one the toy parts guy said to just replace with any electrical wire from autozone etc.) p/n is labled harness altho seems to be jst a wire.

This one looks more like a harness to me tho and is more expensive so that makes sense.
    Knock sensor wire (OEM Toyota P/N 82219-34010)

Well from what I have heard the harness under the intake manifolds is the one that goes bad since it cooks in there next to the block. I'm not sure what the other wire you found is, I'd have to see where it is in the FSM.
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

After looking at the FSM, Im only seeing one knock sensor wire...which is the same as the one pictured in this thread above...which is under the manifold and next to the h2O bypass pipe...so I ordered that. $44 retail, $22 after CT discount...sean at 619.270.3137 for deals on parts!

Hopefully thats the fix..going to take the risk of just replacing the wire first. I think I only have to remove s/c, fuel rail, and it under there on top of the head right? So i should not have to buy any gaskets...i think.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock
    Hopefully thats the fix..going to take the risk of just replacing the wire first. I think I only have to remove s/c, fuel rail, and it under there on top of the head right? So i should not have to buy any gaskets...i think.
    You'll have to remove the supercharger (which means removing the intake stuff), the fuel rails, the lower intake, and possibly the timing cover as well. It's a real PITA for one little wire.

There is an MLS gasket between the supercharger and the lower intake which I usually just reuse, and there is a set of gaskets between the lower intake and the heads which will hopefully be in good enough shape to reuse although there are no guarantees. The heads stay on so no need for head gaskets, but you might consider pulling your head covers to look at your valve train if you're feeling ambitious.
    Brian

The gaskets for the lower intake are in the bottom right of this picture. They have a set of o-rings that I assume seal a coolant passage, that would be the part that might prevent re-use IMO.

[img width=800 height=533]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l70/mastacox/Engine%20Rebuild/Toyota%20Parts/GasketSet1of1.jpg[/img]
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    The gaskets for the lower intake are in the bottom right of this picture. They have a set of o-rings that I assume seal a coolant passage, that would be the part that might prevent re-use IMO.
    *Absolutely correct, the silicone type material either separates and stays stuck there when you pull the unit, or is beyond reuse often. Replace it and have piece of mind.

I may do this mod while im elbows deep into it: http://customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90958

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast