Thread: Interior LED's

Interior LED's

So a while back I followed a link on the FJC forums to DealExtreme about some LED's
    Here's what I ended up going with for my 99 Taco interior map lights
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18061

I just got them in tonight and I love them. Perfect size for my application. What weirded me out though was one of the sockets that go into the stock piece was too short, and one was too long. They both are working now so no worries.
    The wait wasnt bad, certainly not as bad as the 1 month wait for my bumper.

Ill shut up now
    This in my single cab taco

Yes the interior is messy.

MMMM
    Awesome
    Link to Original thread on FJC forums
    http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...eed-these.html
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Interior LED's

I've tried something similar with mixed results (hence the reason I build my lights). The DX deals are great and you have to read up on the items as the quality isn't consistant. LED dome lights are the way to go. I'm waiting on my red crees from DX right now.

that looks pretty good, scuba. I need to do something like this in my 4runner... the knobs on my AC controls fly off all the time and its always a hassle to find them :P hahah
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It&#39;s Modified.

Fly off? Sounds like you need a dab of super glue. The led dome light is still a good idea though.

I might have to give that a shot. I put a 6 LED light in place of my stock one and it still doesn't illuminate the floor in my 4runner.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I've tried something similar with mixed results
    After re-reading my response I thought I'd explain. On the multiple emitter arrays you tend to have several diodes that get more power than others (poor or no regulation) and individual emitters will die. When they die, and because of the lack of regulation, the others will soon follow.

Scuba, how long did you order take to arrive? I've ordered from them before and had to wait 2-3 weeks. I've been expecting my package any day now and just got an email saying my order had left the warehouse in HK.

Mike I understand what you mean. As far as the board and components of this thing, everything looks semi okay quality. For being MIC and even distributed from china.

I believe it took around 2-3 weeks as well. Maybe on the short 3, long 2. I really dont know exactly because we are bad with not checking the mail every day or even every other. For 10 bucks for 2 of the assemblies I linked to in post 1, I think this was well worth it. I'm already thinking about trying to fit in some other light in other spot's of the truck. The map light's dont do very well lighting up the floor. Granted the LED's are a bit better than the halo's but still, it'd be nice to see what's on the floor when I open the doors..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by MaK92-4Rnr
    that looks pretty good, scuba. I need to do something like this in my 4runner... the knobs on my AC controls fly off all the time and its always a hassle to find them :P hahah
    Little 1/4"x1/4" piece of paper towel put over the metal arm and the know pushed back on is the trick. They tear inside the first time someone takes them off forcefully instead of heating them a little with a hair dryer to soften the plastic.

Scub, nice and bright! Get a trail shot when the opportunity presents itself.

it'd be nice to see what's on the floor when I open the doors..
    Check out paddlenbike's footwell led thread.