Thread: Replacement Heater Blower Fan Motors

Replacement Heater Blower Fan Motors

I recently had enough from my climate control blower fan which was getting noisier by the minute. I had looked into servicing it earlier but these things are really made to just replace when they wear out so that was out the window. I priced a new one at the dealer (OEM part 87103-35022) and knew right away that option was out. So I did some research and finally bought a new TYC brand replacement fan. I have since installed it and the fan was a direct drop in. It certainly met all my expectations (no idea on longevity at this point, but I'll report back on any failures). Very quiet operation and it moves plenty of air just like the OEM version.

I bought it on ebay and would highly recommend this seller at least for this replacement part:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/cgatesdsa/

No affiliation with me whatsoever, just good service.
    For those in Canada, he also ships USPS (which is a major plus!)
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Re: Replacement Heater Blower Fan Motors

That's funny that you should post this today; I got in my truck this afternoon and realized that my blower motor has been getting progressively louder each winter, developing a sort of ticking / roar at anything above the slowest speed.

Initially I thought that there were debris in it - so I cleaned it out and unfortunately there wasn't much in there except a heavy coat of dust.

I was going to go to a junkyard and pull one from an '02 (since mine is a 1996 like yours) but maybe I'll go this route. Thanks!
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    That's funny that you should post this today; I got in my truck this afternoon and realized that my blower motor has been getting progressively louder each winter, developing a sort of ticking / roar at anything above the slowest speed.
    Mine was the exact same way and I finally decided I wanted to hear the radio again. I thought about the junkyard route too but for the cost, a new one is a much better value for the money since it's far less likely to fail shortly after purchase. Glad I could help and I think you'll like the result.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Mine make a decently loud ticking noise all the time. I thought it was debris also, and cleaned it. Maybe I should replace it soon! The price is right.

Mine's still working great, I'd definately recommend replacing if it has gotten to the point of being annoying.