Thread: 02 4Runner rear window lowers with remote unlock

02 4Runner rear window lowers with remote unlock

My 02 4Runner 4x4 Sport's rear window lowers on its own about 1/2" to 1" when I unlock the truck with the remote. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks
    87 4 runner turbo 4x4 <br />09 Tacoma 4x4<br />97 4 runner limited<br />02 4 runner 4x4 sport<br />10 Corolla S

Re: 02 4Runner rear window lowers with remote unlock

I wonder if your key fob is just screwy? Maybe there's some sort of short within the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I wonder if your key fob is just screwy? Maybe there's some sort of short within the unit.
    That would be my guess too. Normally when you hit the window down button on the key fob it goes completely down, so if it is shorting out for the split second you hit the unlock button, it would only go down a little.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

my guess is the alarm guy tapped the window down wire with the unlock function of the remote, thinking it would

cant really make a diagnosis with out more information. has this always happened? is this new? how long have you owned the vehicle? how long has the alarm been installed? was there a remote roll down function for the rear window? generally need all the information about the vehicle and alarm you can give me.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.