Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reputable Catalytic Converter Company

Wow, 09, holy thread revival just a heads up, the cat is still on the vehicle thats in a junkyard somewhere (trans went) but the light never came back on the rest of its life!

Well i decided NOT to take the risk and immediately cancelled after reading Malteserunner's reply. It was successfully cancelled and I just contacted a local guy to weld in a Catco cat. Appointment is on Thursday. $300 for parts n labor. Nor Cal is $$$

Although visual check is suppose to be done Not all smog places look for them. I haven't had any of mine checked. It might help to go to ones that are backed up with cars lol.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Toyotech,

Nah, not taking the risk. This is Northern California, the land of ultra liberalism and pseudo-green hypocrites.

It's not worth fighting CARB, BAR, and DMV.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    It's not worth fighting CARB, BAR, and DMV.
    Speaking of those three, have any of you seen a SMOG checkpoint? They are like a DUI checkpoint but check for tailpipe emissions, like in the lane on rollers? I've been hearing about them more and more.
    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdUN543rU34

Locally a few years ago I started seeing vans parked on roadways with sensors that monitor passing traffic. I haven't seen the checkpoints but I would have a problem with stopping at one. In my area I have to get a smog check every other year, on rollers, at the time of re-registration. If I'm stopped with probable cause, like something more compelling than a model year, I would let them do a visual to prove I have everything in place but I as far as a load test I'd be inclined to say I'll see them when my registration is due.

Have 'em down here. I'm pretty sure I'd tell them to get a warrant or take a hike...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

And, you'd be in the right. It's like whoever assigns these type of checkpoints has never read the Constitution.
    Adam

So I got the cat put in with no problem. Minute Muffler in Dublin, CA. Great guys. Ended up putting in a Catco.

a big HOWEVER, on the drive down, my check engine light started blinking. Scanner said P0302. After the install, the scanner said P0302 again as well as P0301. Just my luck. In my LCA thread, I had the same issue but P0303 and P0304. I'm going to start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5 View Post
    I'm going to start a new thread.

What?!? Tech? From Bob? It'll be like old times.

Looking forward to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast