Thread: Ballistics Computers

Ballistics Computers

I've been wanting to purchase one for a while, the other day I decided to do a search to see what they cost and came across this app for my IPhone, needless to say I purchased the military version right away. Have not had a chance to use it, but it will make life much easier that doing manual calculations that I used to do.

here's a link to the one I got;
    http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

Figured I'd start a thread on them and if others have used different brands and their thoughts.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Re: Ballistics Computers

looks like the way to go if you use those. the piccany rail ipod mount is funny looking. that case they have is nice though

I use Cheytac's Advanced Ballistic Computer in conjunction with a Kestrel 4000. As far as I know they are the only ones who have actually shot the rounds and had dopler radar track them for there bullet drop data. With a chronograph and quality rounds it makes sighting in very easy.

I have also played with Nightforce's software but haven't shot with it.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Cheytac's computer is way out of my price range, and if this IPhone app does the job I'll be happy. I have a few boxes of M118LR for my Rem 700 to compare with so when I have the time I'm going down the range and do some testing.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

I've got a free one called ballistic lite. I've never used it, don't know anything about it other than it's on my ipod.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.