Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

I guess you guys think im an idiot, Ive been thinking about the 4x4 conversion and its just something I cant see being a feasble outcome.

here is the 4runner, it is a 2000 4wd sport pkg,

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=1&cardist=28

what im wanting do know if their is something besides carfax in order to check this runner out, I have already talked to the sales manager and sales person, very nice people, want to make this happen as far as swapping my lift and crap onto this runner as they want mine with less miles

it does have 120k but only 14k more then mine.

Got a sorta :bigok: from my mom but shes not totally sure. I am as I think its in great condition, and a little better then mine.

let me know all of your opinions, to be honest this is sorta a good opportunity but I will only go ahead with the right deal and right interest rate when they buy mine out and finance this one.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

Sounds like you're making a MUCH better decision!

First off, go check it out, pictures can be deceiving. It's good to hear that they seem interested in swapping parts.

Take it for a test drive, check it over for any excessive wear and tear, all that good stuff.

Oh, and report back ASAP!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

went to take a look

have yet to drive it, If i get up early tomorrow ill go take it for a test drive before my afternoon meetings,

it has cloth interior, factory alarm, no sunroof (not sure about that)

interior, it has a deteriorating wood grain kit from what looks like jason B

They were willing to make a deal today, 1000 dollar difference,

I can add 1000 more to my car loan as its not a problem but I told them I need to talk it over with my parents first, My mom has sorta oked the idea, but not this particular runner. I need ideas on what to do, im confused and not sure what to do.

waaaaaaaait a minute, didnt i advise you to do this months ago and you said no

anyway, thats a great idea. forget carfax, if you can get vehicle history that'd be key. if they dont have it, find out where it was first purchased (through carfax/a toy dealer with the vin), call that dealer and find out what service history they have on it.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

now im not sure

did a carfax, it said it had 9 reports on it. and to view those reports i have to freakin pay like some damn money

i thought carfax was free?

Nope...it's like $25 a month.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

well i guess its 25 dollars worth to find out if one of these 9 reports is an accident report.

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4r

I think it is worth it for peace of mind and that $25 gives you unlimited reports for 30-days. If this isn't the one at least you are able to continue the search and getting reports.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

well so far so good on current runner

two owners:
    commercial use for first owner
    second owner used for personal

It was registered with the first owner at spartanburg depo of transporation

Should i call them up to get info on this vehicle? IT does not say which dealer took delivery.

ehhhhhhhh, i just did a autotrader search for the entire freakin country under 14k, and i still couldnt find another 4wd black sr5 sport, they were either 2wd or uhh 2wd.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast