Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

commercial use could mean abuse.

if it had multiple drivers, etc, it may have been a truck that was pounded on.

get whatever contact info you can on anything it says service-wise (my truck was serviced at the dealer and was inspected at a gas station and serviced there as well prior to me owning it and it came up as such on the carfax) and make as many calls as you can.

the more you know the better

but nothing speaks better than driving and inspecting it yourself.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4runne

Well, I confirmed with some newspapers and things, the dealer im talking to now, is rated #1 used car sales in the upstate, they have a service center at their dealership, 4 free oil changes and inspections during. Im comfortable this car is takin care of, but I may call the toyota dealerships of both greenville and spartanburg.

i had it backwards, the first owner had it for 6 years then the second owner was the one who had it for commerical use, the salesman told me he bought it from there and brought it back 6 months later, got himself a honda civic.

Im going in for a test drive thursday, and im gonna get some crappy clothes on and inspect the crap out of it.

if anybody in the area wants to help let me know, i may need help converting stuff off this thing, and yes I think im going to get this one. I just got back from 3 diff cities looking for runners, saw 6 pre 99 4wds, none with lockers, one with shotty interior. found a 2002 sport 4x4 but it was 16k.

I think this will be the best deal I can go with.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I would say keep looking for with with a locker. If you need, travel to surrounding states. I know for a fact that there are TONS of 4wd locked 4runners for sale in the area.

Just search Fairfax, VA or Richmond, VA. Hell, if you are serious about buying one, ill go check it out for you.

Craigslist also has a ton of 4runner for sale...in VA that is.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4r

im trading in though, I dont have the materials to return mine to stock and sell it first. and I dont have the credit to get another car loan and return it to stock and sell it.

if you want you can help me look.

plan is to call dealerships tomorrow,

but I think this is the 4runner,

Locking rear diff or not, im getting it.

I want black, I want 4wd, the rest I can add later.

Re: trading in, need info on how to look up dealer reputation, help with this 4r

Keep looking until you find one with a locker. Most Limited have them.
    1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra &amp; 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

I may have found another black sport, it was just listed today, has 4k less in miles then mine does, it may have a locker but i dont know just yet, sent email out and will hear back soon from this small town dealer. however its 175 miles away.

I personally would hold out for an e-locked one with a sunroof.. actually, that's exactly what I did

I know finding a new car that seems like "the one" is exciting, but buying a vehicle, trading in or not, is no small decision and should not be rushed. If you're patient, you'll be able to find EXACTLY what you want, and 3rd gen 4Runners are only getting cheaper with time so...

Be strong, hold out a little longer and see what happens. Those are my 2 cents for what they're worth.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Well if this one has a rear lock, ill prob end up getting it down in Summerville SC (low country hotness)

but if not, the sunroof it does have doesnt phase me as I dont care, I have a bmw that has a sunroof if I want to cruise with it. I'll get the one up here near me and go along with it.

you have 2wd all this time i thought you had 4wd
    My Truck 98 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.4L 5spd E-Locker <br />Mom 07 Tundra d-cab limited 5.7L 4x4 auto fully loaded<br />mom&#39;s 92 pickup SR5 3.0L 5spd 4x4 <br />Papa 89 Pickup SR5 X-cab 4x4 3.0L 5spd/98 4runner 3.4L auto 4x4 <br />R.I.P 91 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0L 5spd Totaled 5/13/06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast