View Poll Results: What color(s) do you put up for Christmas lights?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green

2 6.67%
  • Red

2 6.67%
  • White

13 43.33%
  • Blue

3 10.00%
  • Multi-color

8 26.67%
  • Other (share it!)

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tis the season for Christmas lights!

Re: Tis the season for Christmas lights!

I use the Philips LED strings and like them. They use almost no electricity and you can plug something like 63 strings end-to-end. I think you are limited to 5 or 6 strands if you're using incandescent. (Not that you'd want 63 strings but for long runs it's nice to safely be able to connect many together.)

my roomy got some from his parents for our tree at the house here. ill snap some pics. they sure are bright! i love them! IMO much much better than the old ones.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I use the Philips LED strings and like them. They use almost no electricity and you can plug something like 63 strings end-to-end. I think you are limited to 5 or 6 strands if you're using incandescent. (Not that you'd want 63 strings but for long runs it's nice to safely be able to connect many together.)
    5 or 6? That's for wusses. To keep mine from freezing I plug them all together so the wires stay warm.

Marin said you made some comments so I was on the roof and the ladder Saturday night in the cold and wind making adjustments and cleaning up the cords.

I could practically feel the heat from your mass of wires as I walked by and the lights weren't even on. I knew my comments to Marin would drive you crazy enough to fix it.

Yeah 8pm, headlamp, hammer in hand, staple gun in back pocket and a mouth full of zip ties. You should see my hidden "junction" that is IN the gutter. It's a spliter with 3 cords going into it, wrapped in a plastic Raley's bag and about a roll of electrical tape. I know it's good because the day I put the lights up my gutters filled with hail and water and they were still working.

A little mix of both white and colors. The house and palm trees have colors and the lawn is white.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Those palm trees look awesome!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks, it's actually less impressive in person. My lights look anemic compared to the neighbors.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Thanks, it's actually less impressive in person. My lights look anemic compared to the neighbors.
    Mine look like the house on the Simpson with a Homer job on the lights. If I wasn't wearing shorts and barefoot I'd brave the 48* air and take a pic.

Edit for pics:
    I braved the cold air to snap some blurry pics. Once I get the lights we want and the rest of the bows and crap from the attic I'll take a better picture with a tripod.

The motion light isn't that bright. AUTO mode picked it up real good.
    [img width=800 height=531]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/House/DSC_0116.jpg[/img]

Darker
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/House/DSC07752.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast