Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !NEW! Savage Offroad Rear Bumper

!NEW! Savage Offroad Rear Bumper

So ive been wanting to get a rear bumper for a while now. Kept bashing my stock one up on rocks and it was a little too much tweaked to fix again with a rubber mallet. lol Every bumper that i have seen for the 2nd 4runners(which isnt much) look like . none of them cover the uglyness that was left when the stock bumper was removed and they were all way too open and spacey. So i decided one either a trail gear or a marlin. after deciding that the next thing i didnt like was the price. they're both kinda pricey. So i was looking on craigslist and found doug from savage offroad and wat i saw was him pretty much making trail gear copies but a lot cheaper. so i sent him an email and asked if he could change up the design a little to suit my needs, and he gladly agreed unlike marlin or trailgear. so we arranged to meet at his shop and have him fab me one up. long story we changed my whole original design and came up with this.

Doug did an awesome job on this and i couldnt be happier. Its wat i wanted but could never find and the workmanship is superb. He's willing to work with you to get you wat u want and he's cheaper than most. Check him out

savageoffoad.biz

95 4runner SR5

Re: !NEW! Savage Offroad Rear Bumper

Looks nice! How much, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, can you still access and lower the rear tire normally?
    My signature

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Looks nice! How much, if you don't mind me asking?

x2

i still cant decide when i go for a rear bumper if i want to do a tube based like this one, or a plate based like Bruce's 3rd gen... i guess i still have yet to find one i really like...

*edit* after looking through his website, i think im gonna bookmark it and save it for later... i like some of his stuff a lot. also i like supporting smaller vendors like that. and i do really like some of the modifications you made to the original design, i think it looks much cleaner...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    That's a very good point, it's next to impossible for me to access my spare tire with my Marlin Crawler bumper.

Original link is wayy broken

http://www.savageoffroad.biz/

Bumper looks good though
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

thanks scuba i fixed it now. yeah and i can still lower my spare tire with it on.
    95 4runner SR5

Thanks for posting this. I've never heard of this guy, but am really interested now. Did he charge you extra for changing the design?
    1986 pickup 4x4 SR5, 5-spd, 33x10.5 BFG KM1 muds, 2&quot; body lift, front and rear lockrights, 4.88s, 4.7 t-case with Dave&#39;z twin stick,&nbsp; BudBuilt crossmember with 1&quot; drivetrain lift, Downey grille guard and skid plate, TG sliders, MC rear bumper

nope no extra charge. i do believe i got it a little bit cheaper because we did use my as a guinea pig vehicle for this bumper so u would have to email him and ask him how much he wants for the bumper he made for this grey 95 4runner.
    95 4runner SR5

i was looking into this guy for some bumpers for my 3rd gen. something squirrely happened and the guy doing all the PR that i was in contact with is no longer working there. that was enough to keep my away, but the bumpers look good.

yeah i went to his shop. and only met one guy, doug. he's says it all his and seem to me he was the only one involved in the business. ive emailed him numerous times and he's gotten right back to me within a day. ive had no problems with him at all. i really like his 3rd gen rear bumper though. wish it would fit mine. lol
    95 4runner SR5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast