Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !NEW! Savage Offroad Rear Bumper

Navigator

Re: !NEW! Savage Offroad Rear Bumper

while you were customizing the 2nd gen one, you couldnt just make a one-off of the 3rd gen bumper? i like the looks of that one too...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

So I've yet to see how much you paid? I would like to know since we're about to build up the neighbors Runner.

crinale- didnt quite understand wat your trying to say but ill give it a shot. the 3rd gen bumper compared to the 2nd gen bumper is completely different. it would have been way too much work to modify a 3rd gen bumper. completely different mounting system and plus doug was saying that the 3rd gen body, from the tail light to the fender bows out more than a second gen. so the bumper for a 3rd would fit loosely and look funky for being way wider than the body or needed.

norcalborn- id ont know if doug wants me to name the price i paid but ill say it anyways. lol i paid only $200 but i highly doubt he is going to offer that price for future people.
    95 4runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    That's a very good point, it's next to impossible for me to access my spare tire with my Marlin Crawler bumper.
    There's an easy enough fix for that by using the larger tire option winch assembly, explained here. You shouldn't have to adjust your tailpipe if it's factory still, I only had to do that b/c mine's a 2.25" deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ObEy4Runner
    norcalborn- id ont know if doug wants me to name the price i paid but ill say it anyways. lol i paid only $200 but i highly doubt he is going to offer that price for future people.
    Well, it always comes down to the quality of the work and the quality of the materials used. I paid very little for my sliders, bt that, like your bumper was a special deal.

I'm interested in seeing some of the stuff Doug does now, as I may have seen some work he's done on another Runner recently.

The thing about smaller fab shops is if they do solid, proven work, they'll only grow as big as the owner can handle things. I paid a little less than most for my Marlin bumpers, but that said, I am not happy with a couple of things I had to deal with when it came down to fitment. If you use a jig, make sure it is correct and true after repeated cycles, things get hot and warp, and sometimes little things eventually move out of proper spec.

$200 is a good deal. If the bumper is good enough he'll find himself busy building them because people will be buying them up. Could be a good enough way to get his name and work out there.

yeah very true. im very happy with mine. the only thing i could see different between the two were the welds. tg had their nice and pretty TIG welds and doug just uses a MIG welder. that doesnt bother me. they're still nice strong welds just not as pretty as TG or marlins. i hope he gets his name out there and starts circulating his products. i like small fab shops
    95 4runner SR5

Trail Gear Bumpers are MIG welded. Then covered with oil so they can ship them over from China. You can make a nice bumper out of a TG bumper, just clean up all the welds, re-do the bad ones, add some light tabs, add some turn signal tabs and other things, they come out real nice. But they are MIG welded.
    1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra & 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

oh i didnt know that. they looked different. very nice welds. never seen any that are that thin smooth and nice looking come from a MIG.
    95 4runner SR5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12