Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftsman Cordless Drills

Re: Craftsman Cordless Drills

if its all screws the craftsman will be just fine, thin guage metal is a breeze as well... but like sean says, anything with a decent name will be a nice gift that will be sure to last a few years
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Thanks. My stuff has drilled countless 1/2" holes in thick stuff. Maybe it's time to get my dad into some fab. I could see him making things for their Prius and Altima.

in addition to our big drills, we have a 9.6 volt craftsman driver (will drill too, only with speedlock bits) that is great for stuff like hanging curtain rod brackets, shelves, etc. its light weight, goes from a pistol grip to a straight driver, and still has enough power to sink a 3" deck screw into a hardwood. i like it for doing household stuff, it keeps my hand from hurting and its something i can stuff in a loose pocket for going up and down a ladder.

any fab work and i automatically go for our big craftsman half inch drill. thing will drill through anything, even with a dull bit.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

My dewalts are 1/2" and I've got a corded and air powered 1/2". IMO they are the only way to go. My only 3/8" is my little right angle drill. I don't use it much but it's totally handy when I need it.

I currently have:
    Porter Cable 9.6V, I used it alot and basically wore out the batteries. But it worked really well. Cant beat the sams club deal of 50 bucks for it.

Channel lock branded 24v. Big heavy and meh. I got it cause it was 35 bucks and I needed something I could beat up. Still works but im not to fond of the weight.

Makita corded hammer/VSR drill. I love this thing, super power and excellent all around drill. Came with a makita grinder for 70 bucks at home depot 2 xmas ago.

Makita 9.6V cordless (old pistol grip kind). Only bought 1 new battery in 10 years and I abuse this sucker. Has plenty of power and is light weight. I screwed my entire deck together with it (20x40!).

Makita power saw, was cheap and I like it.

Milwaukee 3/8 angled (small pistol grip kind). Very handy and at 3.5a is heavy enough to do most jobs.

At a job I once had we used ryobi, they wouldnt die. A friend of mine uses dewalt and hes a contractor-he wont buy anything else.

If it were me, I would buy ryobi. I seriously hate craftsman b/c the stuffs built cheaply. My boss has a craftsman cordless 18v, the dang thing is horrible and is only 3 years old and wont hold a charge anymore and wasnt even powerfull when he bought it he said. His makita 14.4 drill is what we used to put together all our trucks (alot of drilling thick metal) and it hasnt died!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Navigator

i dont know what company actually made it, but iv got the Kawasaki branded cordless set (drill, recip saw, circ saw, and work light) and iv been impressed... it works really quite well

altho, when im doing any fab work, i grab the 1/2" corded Black and Decker that hasnt let me down yet... i also have an old (i wanna say Porter Cable, but that doesnt sound right) 1/2" that has 2 handles for the really heavy duty stuff... things a beast
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12