Thread: Difference between headlight housings

Difference between headlight housings

What is the difference between the 96-98 and 99-02
    I own a 97'
    Luvin my slab yota. $A-MAC$

Re: Difference between headlight housings

the 99+ housings use a clear glass lens where the 96-98 are somewhat more opaque. i believe the reflectors are a bit different also.

either way, the housings are interchangable between years. most people look to swap the nicer looking 99+ lights into their 96-98.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

thanks are they a direct bolt in or will i need modification

should be a direct bolt in. the clearer glass and more jeweled housing were just part of the 99+ refresh that saw a new front grill, bumper, cleaner looking taillights and a host of interior tweaks. everything should be a direct swap bolt on deal, with little to no modification to swap between years.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

thanks bro

PA, Tx... Nice

Welcome to the boards btw
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]