Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what's new with you guys?

Re: So, what's new with you guys?

After close to 15 hours of work the clutch job is DONE.
    Fluids topped off and all.

What a headache (no seriously I have a bitchin headache)
    I'll make a little thread later with some stuff..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Im interested in knowing wtf went wrong and why it wouldnt line up?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Im interested in knowing wtf went wrong and why it wouldnt line up?
    I just didnt have the trans lined up exactly right. I knew it was splined into the clutch but it wouldnt slip past the pilot bearing. With another buddy around to help out we got it in after a good half hour of scratching our heads..
    Cliff notes. Scuba = not very strong. 2nd person helping = good. Trans wasnt lined up right
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

LOL.. I kinda figured it came down to an alignment issue, usually does. Glad to hear its in. Bet the clutch feels way different dont it? I changed one once and the pedal feel was drastic-released much higher when bad and much lower when new.

Today I worked on my atv and didnt get to far. Was hoping to get the steering stem back on. Got the bar clamps on it and lined them up after a bit, but upon trying to get the bearing out i screwed up and didnt realize it had a c-clip in it, well after much pounding and mangling the bearing (it was dirty in there so that mighta not been why i could find it??) im not left with a c clip my pliers wont get out. Can get it a bit out then it slips..going to the shop AM tomorrow to see about another kinda pliers maybe or maybe ill try some large needlenose or hell cut the thing off. Already ordered 3 new ones just incase..

finals are done, fall quarter is completed! math went ok. fourier series can [string of expletives deleted] itself. hope i passed! physics was another story... nothing on that exam was from the book, lecture, or previous exams. i also hope i passed!

tomorrow im going to get my tail light swapped out, drop the front bumper and get to stripping it for new paint. hopefully the rain holds off until the night (but i doubt it will...)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

^Meh, just get out of Calc and go back to geometry, then you can play w/ fractals..

The atv c-clip beat me. heres the story..

All that pounding probably frigged the snap ring, my snap ring pliers wont get it out-just keeps slipping on the ring catches. Go and get some other snap ring pliers from the shop today and still no luck. Ok I finally break down and go buy the dremel I been wanting for 5 years now (of all the tools I have I always borrowed one of these from someone lol) and begin to cut and grind the sucker off.

Half hour later I finally get the mangled thing off. Didnt damage the frame to much either. Woulda prefered no damage but what can you do. I just hope everything sits right in there now since the frames been a bit marred up. Probably seal it well with some silicone on the dust seal or maybe bearing grease.

Ugh..annoyances..

Stupid math homework and studying!!

I like this thread! Even though it&#39;s just like chat and does nothng for your postcount!

The newness :
    English Lit is over - Thank God.
    My GF just went back to Disney to work for a few weeks. Good for her, but I miss the heck outta her...
    Working on my rear bumper project, it's slow going but I'm making progress...
    Work is bumping right along, I like being in the produce business, people gotta eat, that means I have to work, which means I can afford to eat...

Ehh... Other than that, not much is "new"
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

whats new-
    The wife is tired of me using the "family trailer" to haul things. I use it for my 4wheeler and weekly i deliever food pack to schools so kids will have something to eat while away from school. I am always fixing the trailer due to my broter in law and others. This morning i heard the sweetest words..."Why dont you keep your eye out for a good used toyota truck". I amost wrecked the runner with the nerdy fist pump and the YESSSSSSS!
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast