Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what's new with you guys?

So, what's new with you guys?

With the holidays coming up, what's everyone doing? Anything new in your lives?

Sorry for the random post, just a bit on the bored side.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: So, what's new with you guys?

We are short 2 people at work, so I'm pulling extra hours.

My dad is having his 70th b-day party in a month, so we are starting to do some prep stuff for it.

Just bought the new Mario game for the Wii...it looks pretty fantastic.

I need to do a brake job on my 4Runner soon.

I dug my Legos out from under the house, and I'm currently trying to build a Lego Technic model of the Grumman Avenger. The 16 cylinder radial engine and electric variable pitch prop is just about done, but I'm having a hard time with the pneumatic wing fold mechanism.

Otherwise, nothing exciting going on here.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

today i spent most of the day in the junkyards looking for various parts for various cars. only came out with an ac compressor for the g/f's car. hers siezed and caught fire last week.

trying to find ways to make money and trying to sell some stuff. going to have a pretty large medical bill as soon as i can get the money to pay in advance for it. sucks when insurance doesnt cover stuff that you really really want but dont "need" at least according to them.

planning for the holidays, trying to get x-mas cards out soon. holidays are a weird time for my g/f and i. she hasnt celebrated anything in a very long time, so its kind of difficult to get her to be as enthusiastic about it all as i am.

for my b-day i bought myself a present for the truck, there will be a full writeup on that in a couple of weeks when i get a few dry days to work on it. still have rear bumper fab stuff to work on, and i am planning my tail light mods soon.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Let&#39;s see..

I got a haircut..
    Before :

After:

Im in the middle of a clutch job and may not even finish tomorrow due to rain

Umm, That&#39;s really all I can think of.
    So tell us Oly, What&#39;s new with you ?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

now that i finely got my bruce bumper and roof rack i just need to go wheeling.

about time scuba you no longer look like a hippy. sorry military side of me lol
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

I just installed a locker in the front of my 86 4runner today only to find out my 7.5" ring gear is chipping/cracking. I'm looking for a new one, but wondering if I should keep running it till it breaks.

Tomorrow I'm trying an idea I've had for the last few months. There's a nice offroading area 10 miles by my house that defies the fact that southern california doesn't have mud. The last time it rained I headed out there and winched 6 trucks out of the mud. It occurred to me that everyone who got stuck HAD to get home to a mad wife/mother, so I've decided to go out there on rainy days to winch people out for a small fee. Mostly to pay for a new synthetic winch cable, but if I make more I'll buy other parts for the 4runner. Plus I get to go mudding in the process!

Hair looks good Scuba.

My 8 month old is crawling and getting into everything so we're thinking about some child proofing. The obvious stuff is moved but we don't really let her out of our site so things have been well so far. It's her first Christmas and since she crawls we can't get a large tree like we have in the past. We ended up getting a little 3 footer that we'll put up on a table. Out of her reach but visible.
    Trying to find time to swap my e locker axle into the 4runner as I'm done building that up. For the most part all of the parts are here and modded. This week I should get my new Micro DE's to replace the factory lights. I've had a DDM HID kit sitting on my work bench for 2 weeks now waiting to go in them.

Quote Originally Posted by randver

about time scuba you no longer look like a hippy. sorry military side of me lol
    It was funny. Yesterday I pull up to work (I work on Camp Pendleton) and there's a couple SOI/MCT kids standing outside near the door. They must have seen the blue sticker on the winshield (Mom's retired) because one of them gave me a real serious salute. Like uhh A. Im not in uniform, B. You dont know I'm the one that earned that sticker... It was just funny.

But yeah it was about time to cut that ish

EDIT: Thanks mike
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I gotta change some spark plugs this week and find an ugly christmas sweater for an upcoming party.

What's up with everyone else?
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    I gotta change some spark plugs this week and find an ugly christmas sweater for an upcoming party.

What's up with everyone else?
    I got my plugs and wires from Rafa too. Have to find time to swap those but that shouldn't take too long.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast