Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 4Runner ToyotaUSA video on YouTube

Re: 2010 4Runner ToyotaUSA video on YouTube

Good question. I have no clue though... I wouldn't have ever noticed that in the video.

Dan I could be that the trail model has the option, or even the limited comes with all the features too...

That or they could have crossed, all I can say is there better be a lever in the trail model...

Just found a bunch of photos of the different prototypes wheeling at Trail Tracker
    (neat site Toyota put up)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Scary site toyota put up.

The idea is nice, but if you think about it, how scary is it that people (rednecks and idiots) could potentially post up illegal spots or, better yet, sensitive spots with no instruction on where specifically to wheel and where not to wheel? Or even worse, pics of themselves not treading lightly in legal areas??

At least in the north east, this is like death to the sport.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    At least in the north east, this is like death to the sport.
    I get red in the face screaming at my friends when the just don't listen the first time around about treading lightly.

The one hobby I like and its in the hand of everyone, and when the idiots take there POS out to illegal areas and get caught then that's it for me.
    I mean heck, I already have to drive 2 hours as is to get to a place to wheel lol!!!

Did you notice how many trails are posted in the east? Hell, Tellico isn't even on there. Anyone who knows better isn't going to post a trail from out here. That's why I'm not too worried - plus I would hope Toyota is filtering/monitoring that site, even if it's just to cover their own a$$
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

toyota would have to have an expert from every state to do that.

In MA i could probably post 5 trails on that site right now that they would never recognize as being illegal unless they actually knew anything about this area.

I could probably track down some pics of people not treading lightly on legal trails too!

very scary.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

2010 Toyota 4Runner gets stuck offroading!

Here's a video of a 5th gen going nowhere fast.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wonder why Toyota didn't put a set of AT's on the Trail Edition. Didn't have to be an aggressive AT like BFG's, but maybe a set of Revo's.

Lets try to keep the comments somewhat relevant to the videos and the 5th gen specifically, please.

just watched the "crawl control" video. that seems like the worst idea I've ever seen. the terrain your in is beyond your ability to manage the vehicle effectively.... so let the computer handle the accelerator and breaking for you?

if it turned a auto in to an "electric" crawl box it would be cool, but it looks like a cruise control for trials and the problems with that scenario are endless.

He's High centered.
    Even of he had a set of BFG A/Ts they wouldn't help him in that mud,
    I can attest to that cause of the Mud we have around here.

I think at one point Toyota might had put some Rugged trails on there trucks but even those are a POS...

It would be nice if the 5th Gen Trail Edition came with the Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar like in some of the pics we see.

And why aren't they trying to back the thing up instead of forcing it forward?
    Turn the wheel throw it in revers and try a different angle, the spot doesn't look THAT bad, just a inexperienced driver imho...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast