Thread: Lower Control Arm ball joints

Lower Control Arm ball joints

Does anyone know whether the ball joint can be separated from the front lower control arm? I would rent a puller if so, and change the ball joint which is leaking.

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

Re: Lower Control Arm ball joints

I honestly dont think it is pressed in like on the 3rd gen runners / Tacos. I know when we did a lift install on an 05+ taco the UCA bolt/ Upper BJ came right out of the spindle..

Im sure it'll take a tiny love tap but not much else..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Lower Control Arm ball joints

looking at my fsm for that year, the lower arm and balljoint are a subassembly and must be replaced as such. you cannot remove the lower balljoint from the arm

(this is incredibly stupid in my opinion, way to go toyota!)

found a used one on ebay for 85 (being parted out), im guessing new is a few hundred bucks! you can replace just the boot. thats not too hard of a job it looks like. if you want i can get you the info on how to replace. just pm me (it will probably be monday or so before i can get them to you though).

heck, ill replace the boot for you if you give me some of that sexyness from your website!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.