Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBQ Grills

Re: BBQ Grills

weber

mmmmmm BBQ
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

charcoal all the way... i know its a complete pain in the ass, but it just tastes soooooooo much better, i will never cook on open gas flames.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I agree with Weber for Charcoal. I have a Weber charcoal smoker - it rocks.

We grill constantly (all winter and almost every day during the summer), plus my wife caters and does large parties, so we needed the capacity. The Jenn Air lights like a stove in the house - all of the burners have ignitors. It's all stainless, inside and out.

We were going through a grill every couple of years - this should be the last one we buy. My dad has the same one.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    charcoal all the way... i know its a complete pain in the *******, but it just tastes soooooooo much better, i will never cook on open gas flames.
    Wait until you get older.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Wait until you get older.
    .....and have kids!

I have a Grill Chef stainless, 4 burner, w/ rotisserie and it works great but it's a Canadian brand (probably rebranded from China) so it's not going to be of much help to you. We use propane for home heating (like fireplace inserts, etc) so this summer I'm just going to get a kit to hook mine up to my big tank (no more darn tank changes in the middle of cooking dinner!!!).
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Ditto on the permanent connection. Mine's natural gas.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Nice... next house (dream house that is) will have a a built in grill with a perm connection.

I have one like the Jenn air one shown.

Got it at Lowe's last year. Watch for the scratch and dent ones. I go t my grill for $125 it was suppose to be $210. They listed a scratched bun warmer, and two loose wheels. I say nothing wrong, the warmer is PC ed and it was chipped but who cares. The wheels stayed on and i don't move it so again who cares.
    The Lowe's by my house does a big BBQ sale every year, that's the time to go in. They end up putting together a bunch of grill and finding ones that have minor damage, and sell them on the cheap.
    My buddy had just went a couple weeks before and got the grill right above mine, side burner, and paid close to $300. HE was pissed when i told him how much i paid.

Only down side was i was planning on putting a big box in my Tahoe , not a whole grill. So i had to wait for my Brother to come and pick it up for me.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Watch for the scratch and dent ones.
    excellnt point!
    a friend got 70% off for a dent of the side that isnt even noticeble till its pointed out.
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

I picked this one up from a CL ad last year:

Got it for $150, new in box!

Pretty basic, but I'm loving learning about smoking, to add to my BBQing and grilling! First smoking projects have been beer can chickens - QUITE tasty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12