Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuck Brake Pedal

Re: Stuck Brake Pedal

Like the pedals falling overnight?

Perhaps the masters bad, bleeding off pressure.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Like the pedals falling overnight?

Perhaps the masters bad, bleeding off pressure.
    The pedal doesn't fall or anything. It's up all the way, and is just stuck in that position.

Do you have access to a buddy? Do the 2 man bleed method, all you need is a 10mm wrench iirc.

Or you could build a self bleeder if you have a small air compressor, its like 20 bucks worth of plumbing fittings and an adjustable air gauge.

No real mechanics shops by you that are cheaper btw?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Well I've already paid the Firestone place to bleed 'em, and replace the fluid with new. It didn't seem to do the trick though.

I still need to get the driver side rear wheel cylinder replaced (already done the pass. side as mentioned in an earlier post), but it wasn't that bad when I replaced the drums and shoes.

It's only happened once in the past couple of weeks.. granted it just got super cold again this week.. which is when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Do you have access to a buddy? Do the 2 man bleed method, all you need is a 10mm wrench iirc.

Or you could build a self bleeder if you have a small air compressor, its like 20 bucks worth of plumbing fittings and an adjustable air gauge.

No real mechanics shops by you that are cheaper btw?

is it wet? could water be freezing between the drums and shoes or between the discs and pads?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I guess that could be. With all the snow and stuff here.

Just wanted to update this thread... still have the problem. After a lot of digging around I found that this is actually pretty common on Toyotas. The problem seems to be a check valve. I'm having a hard time finding a part# for this tonight.. regardless, where would you guys recommend buying it? If it's cheap enough I'll just get it form the dealership.

dealer only. I wouldn't put anything less on my brakes.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

part number 44730-60060 valve assembly, vacuum check (brake). this is the only check valve i can find for the brake system. list price is right around 46 dollars.

i have no idea if that is indeed your problem or not. or even how to diagnose it.

if you need any other part numbers, let me know.

Here's a few photos for you that should help with that.

You can replace it but I would see if you can free it up a bit first with some PB blaster and compressed air (remember it works on vacuum so the compressed air would go the opposite way from the hose nipple on the check valve). You should be able to verify if it works or not to be sure that is in fact your issue.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123