Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck Brake Pedal

Re: Stuck Brake Pedal

Yeah my granddad was a mechanic, and he is the one that told me that. I just wanted to triple check. Where is the LSPV located?

When my buddy was bleeding the brakes he just bled each side front and rear, and he bled from under the hood. Is what he bled under the hood the LSPV? I'm thinking the improper bleed of my brakes is also the cause of the 'play' in the pedal (seems I have to press too much before it bites down).

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Correct on that. IDK if you 4Runner people have the LSPV (I would guess you do) But you would want to bleed (in this case flush) in this order

1. Passenger rear.
    2. Drivers rear.
    3. LSPV.
    4. Passenger front.
    5. Driver front.

Flush until you see new CLEAR fluid coming out..

Try and flush when the weather is warm and not freezing..

Good luck !

Looks like your LSPV is located on the opposite side as mine, So I think it's on the right (passenger side). And it is located on the frame rails in the back of the truck near the axle.

Should look something like this

In picture 1, if you see the gold bracket on the left you can follow the line to the LSPV on the right.

So if I am correct that the LSPV is in the spot I just concluded.
    Bleed like this.

1. P rear.
    2 D Rear.
    3. LSPV.
    4 P front
    5 D Front

The LSPV will have a bleeder screw similar to whats on the brake calipers or drums..

I dont know why someone would bleed the brakes from under the hood..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Ive always heard to bleed the LSPV last out of everything. But I could be wrong.

As for the bad wheel cylinder, if you didnt replace it-do so now! Also you need to adjust the rear brakes on these trucks really far. Infact thru the inspection port it should look like the shoe and the drum are practically touching like 1-2mm clearance or so.

I would start by rebleeding the system after adjusting the rear shoes.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I might just take it to the dealer and have them do it. They charge $80. It would take me too long to do it myself; I'm pretty slow when it comes to working on my 4Runner. I spend a lot of time looking for what I need to do, lol. Plus my tools are still in Georgia, so that would be one more thing I'd need to buy.

It was stuck this morning when I left for work, and then again when I left work. It's really annoying!

I'm going to have my belts and water pump replaced around the middle/end of January. I'll just have them do it then.

Thanks for all the help.

Well I called the dealership today to schedule an appointment and apparently the price has gone up from 79.99 to 109.99.

So then I called Firestone... and they've gone up from 79.99 to 89.99... just great!

DIY, 20 bucks !!

It's really not hard.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

80 bucks? Get a 10mm combo wrench (I think its 10, might be 8mm I dont recall now), make sure you use the closed 12pt side and grab a buddy and go to town.

Use the pump method, buddy pumps pedal up about 5-10x then you open bleeder and air/fluid comes out and then you close. I usually repeat each side 5x to be sure I got the air out.

If you have access to a smaller compressor for 20 dollars you can build an air powered self bleeder.

Well unfortunately I paid the $80 to have it done, but it didn't fix the problem.

The next morning it was froze again. Even when they're not froze they still feel weak.. like they don't bite down quick enough. I figured that would have been a little better after being bled as well.

Back to square one... either that or they charged me $80 to pretend they drained the fluid and put new in.

Have you pulled the drums to verify that the rear wheel cylinders arent leaking?

I just dunno what else really besides a faulty master cylinder, but that doesnt add up either.

Can you pinpoint which brakes are actually locking-front or rear? Your not using your e-brake when you park at night are ya?

Well one rear wheel cylinder was replaced because it was leaking. The other needs replaced soon, but it wasn't leaking.

Nope, I don't use the e-brake when I park.

I;m not sure if it would be the font or rear. The pedal itself doesn't move... it moves just far enough that the brake lights come on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast